“The quirkiest museum I have seen.”
Review of Museum of Clean

Museum of Clean
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Pocatello
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Don Aslett the creator of the museum is a real character. He was about to show us Kiwis about the museum when a bunch of kids showed up. His eyes lit up and he wowed us with the most amazing tour whilst entertaining the children and us adults. The kids loved it . Don understands kids and cleaning. The museum is full of old cleaning stuff in all forms and used in creative ways. Don't miss the chance to visit this gem.

3  Thank hop3

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I took a 7 year old and a 5 year old to the Museum of Clean. They loved it. The giant metal sphere in the entrance had them laughing the minute they walked in. More hands on exhibit than I've seen in many museums. They washed a window, hung up clothes with wooden clothes pins, pumped turn of the century vacumn cleaners and much more. It's also very entertaining for adults, from the unusual vacumn cleaners, rare artifacts, and the histories of cleaning equipment. The guided portion of the tour was a bit too long for little children, but when we left they asked if they could go back again. I will certainly be returning to this fun, educational museum. Thank you, Don Aslett!

3  Thank voyager1Idaho
Reviewed 4 July 2013

It was the 4th of July and the town was closed down for the annual parade when we happened to drive into the parking lot of the Museum of Clean and Don Aslett came out and welcomed us to take a tour of his Museum even though he had to leave for the parade. Before he left he spent 15 minutes taking us through part of the first floor and within a few minutes I knew this 80 year of octogenarian believed in a clean body, mind and spirit. He looks 60 and has the energy of a 40 year old. I wish we could have enjoyed a complete tour with him. This muse or venturing into the huge Green sphere at the entrance. All along the way he has provided a lot of space between exhibits so you don't feel closed in. Some of the artifacts he has collected are very rare, yet you can get a close up view of them. Had anyone told me I would have enjoyed going through a museum dedicated to the history of cleaning...I would have laughed; however, it was most interesting, I know the kids would love parts designed to involve them...like tossing a sponge into a toilet, trying out old fashioned vacuums, or seeing how people lived back the day and before back in the day! Check out the love seat made from an old wringer washer...cool. A very small fee and max for a family is $15.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Like a history lesson on cleaning with interactive fun for adults and children. Yes, your grandmas washing machine is here. So are 1000 other items you may have never seen before, like the love-seat wringer or the rocking chair powered vacuum. There is even an art gallery. It's good clean fun.

2  Thank RetiredBoomer2011
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I've traveled quite a bit and never saw another place like this. I was lucky enough to be there when Don Aslett, the owner and creator of the museum, happened to be there. He gave a great tour of the museum, as many other reviewers have described, but even without him, it's worth the stop if you are near Pocatello. Plenty of things to see and touch and learn about for all ages.