“First time but won't be the last”
Review of Thunderbird Motel

Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Excellent value. Very clean. Met all my needs for a quiet night's sleep on the road. Easy access to and from I-15. Plenty of food spots (national and local) within 5 minutes just up the street. I'll stop there again when I'm on my way south. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank takitus

Reviewed 27 August 2012

i love this place and now my grandchildren do too : ) the pool is always clean and enjoyable..rooms are always nice never had complaints and the ppl are friendly and always great to serve me and my family : )

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Wow. Great price for a clean, quiet motel. Just what we needed for a quick one-night stay in Pocatello on the way to Yellowstone. Clean quiet room, good shower, small but clean pool open until 11 PM, comfy beds. I will definitely stay at the Thunderbird again if going through Pocatello.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Glacier76
Reviewed 3 June 2012

But this is a very nice place. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. The room was nice and clean. I would most definately stay here again if I was in the area. Do not let the price fool you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was not a fancy hotel. This is an inexpensive hotel, close to downtown and ISU and was built a long time ago. It is older and it shows but it's clean, it's centrally located and the people in the office are nice welcoming. I have had much cooler receptions when I was staying in a nice hotel and the people seemed to be just doing their jobs. The staff here seemed to be there because it was important to them.

I rate based on what I expect based on price and any other information I can garner. The parking lot had some pot holes and the walls were a little thin but we had considerate neighbors and enjoyed our stay very much. It was clean and welcoming. We didn't check out the breakfast since going out to eat is one of our "treats" when we are out of town so I can address that.

We will be staying at the Thunderbird every time we are in Pocatello, and this is one of our "get away for a couple of nights" places so it will be frequented regularly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurprisingWoman
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Located downtown area close to ISU...easy access from southernmost exit. Was reasonably priced, clean, comfortable...just enough, no frills, but comfy and clean. Great service from the desk staffer- an Idaho State student that knew the town well. (Wanted to try the cool looking diner a few blocks down the street...but it was a holiday, and it had already closed...so the staffer helped us find an alternative.) Has an outdoor pool, but we arrived too late to be interested in swimming.- seemed clean and nice, tho. In a quiet neighborhood- ya can't get much quieter than being across from the cemetery ;)
Put it on our list - my husband stayed there again on a trip last week.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edustin
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Pocatello is not much of a town but we stayed there on the way from Yellowstone to Salt Lake.

The Motel is situated along one of the main streets but our room was at the far end so no problems with the traffic for us. On the other side of the street is a big cemetery so it's all peaceful there too.

The staff was nice, And had a good restaurant suggestion for us.
The pool was closed, tot that we would have used it, because it didn't look impressive to us.

The room was clean and spacious enough for us.
A good place for the prize you pay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple