Thunderbird Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Pocatello)
Clarion Inn(Pocatello)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My family was returning home from a very long trip and we got to Pocatello very late at night. Stopped at the Thunderbird and within minutes we were in a very reasonable, very clean and quiet room. We departed early the next morning, and about 500 miles down the road I discoverd I had lost an expensive gold and diamond ring that could never be replaced. I called the motel thinking it was a longshot but to my pleasant surprise the housekeeping staff had found my ring and turned it into the office. Within days it had been returned to me. I have to commend the entire staff for their honesty, integrity and service above and beyond. I know where I will always stay when in Pocatello.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John S
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Recently stayed a week at this motel while visiting family. The owners made us feel like family during our stay. We travel a lot & always try to stay local (anyone one can at a chain motel & miss the local feel). Thunderbird is close to everything & across the street from ISU, so the location in ideal. The rooms are nice, roomy & most of all, clean. They offer a great weekly rate & make everyone feel at home.The staff is super & willing to help with anything. Its the place to place in Pocatello! I would give it 6 stars out of 5. There is no restaurant but lots of places within walking distance that have good food. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lgatlin
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We felt real welcome at this motel. We wanted a place where you didn't have to climb stairs or use an elevator, but that looked clean, and the Thunderbird fit the bill. The lady in registration was very nice and the room, which had certainly seen better days, was clean and looked after. We just pulled up to the door, unloaded our stuff,and we were set. On the plus side, the beds were very comfortable and our room was very well lit, unlike the last hotel we stayed in that cost more than twice as much. On the down side, there was a definite lack of places to plug in our devices. Overall, I would recommend the Thunderbird for a one night stopover, especially considering the price of $56, taxes in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jamjude
Reviewed 16 December 2013

First, let me say, the lady behind the counter was a joy! She was delightful and made us feel welcome!
We were looking for somewhere that was "cheap" in price but cozy and safe.
This was an extremely easy place to find. Once we got our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and smelled great! There was plenty of room.
Now, it is a little dated, so if you are looking for some place that is fancy with everything included, this is not the place. It is cozy, clean and incredibly friendly!!
We loved it!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Abaylew
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a recent cross country motorcycle ride. The room was neat and clean, the location was within walking distance of Elmers restaurant, and the price very affordable.

I highly recommend staying here if you don't need all the frills and just want nice clean room at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: August 2013