“Pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Easy to find, friendly check in, very nice room. The bed is particularly comfortable and back out curtains and thick walls made it very quiet. The hot breakfast was okay, but not very tasty. An indoor pool too.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

So I booked a room with this hotel on Aug. 29th 2014. While doing a search on trip advisor I punched in my intended stay of Aug. 30th for 1 night. When the list came up for Pocatello Hampton inn I selected it. I noticed it carried over my dates for a 1 night stay. Booked the room but didn't print off my confirmation until the following morning Aug. 30th. The same day as our check in. To my surprise the room was booked for the previous day! I immediately called Hampton inn only to hear it was tough cookies for me! $150 room down the drain and my card had already been charged! Well I realize it was my fault for not paying closer attention to the dates...it would have gone a long ways to have the guy show just a little bit of compassion for my pain! Instead he was a matter of fact and lacked absolutely NO kind of compassion! He wouldn't even offer me any sort of discount on a room for the night I actually needed. This was my mistakes and I will own it...definitely a lesson learned. But I will NEVER stay at another Hampton inn! If the guy had once said he was sorry or had any customer service skills what's so ever it would have gone a long ways! Not to mention he claims they were sold out which I know is a bunch of crap! I worked in the hotel industry and happen to that's not true...they always keep extra rooms available! He's just a liar! The rooms there are great and I guess if u don't have any sort of mix ups or problems during your stay than great. But if you do...don't expect the management to be willing to show any kind of compassion or willingness to work with you!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank tlschultz
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the nicest Hampton I have stayed in.It had a huge walk in shower(not handicap)plenty of towels and lots of room.The room was big,that lumpy bed is like sleeping on a pillow.It was so quiet I did not need earplugs(had used them for 17 days)Good location,gas station right there.For us perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was disappointed in this hotel. Plus side: the complimentary breakfast was generous with many choices, and the food was OK. Staff was helpful and courteous. But, I had expected a mini-fridge for the price of the room. The bathroom counter jutted out by the faucets, making it difficult for a short person to wash. The air conditioning was hard to control, and we never did get it to stay at the same temp automatically. The hot tub's jets were too weak to get any benefit from them. The worst thing was one day the door did not automatically lock when I closed it, and my husband was told by staff that doors are all automatically left open so housekeeping can go in! Had to wait by door until given instructions on how to lock it (put card in 2X). This is very insecure!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. The hotel seems to be very new and clean. The pool and spa are very nice. The hotel was sold out the night we were there and it was still very quiet and the beds were comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jmad3413
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on the way to yellowstone.
Online booking through hotel website i requested room for 5. We got a two double bed room. that was not enough for us. The lady in the reception said they have one room which can accommodate an extra bed, but is was also the accessible room which was occupied.

We had to manage with 2 double beds for 2+3 kids. not a good night sleep.
Room was small, no space for luggage.

I saw the holiday inn across the street which is newer. On the way back from yellowstone we stayed there. just to make sure where is enough space in our room.

Room Tip: IF you book room for 5, please verify you are going to get it before you arrive.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was on our way during a long road trip. The staff was pleasant. The only real downside was our air conditioner did not work. If your room does not cool off with the AC running do not hesitate to ask for a different room as all of the 'fixes' did not fix a thing and we wasted time repacking and moving rooms when all we wanted was to rest in a cool room after a long hot drive.

And while a minor point i do not remember getting the free bottles of water due to Silver Tier Hhonors members.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family