“Nice Place at a Nice Price”

TownePlace Suites Pocatello
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked a suite, two rooms, one bath for our stay. This worked great for our group. Very Clean, Very Modern. Great Staff. Pool, Spa, and Excercise Room. Not far from Old Downtown, and close to a couple of restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Pocatello

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our GPS had us driving past the hotel road entrance, which is also a gas station entrance, but once we'd turned around we found the right place and the adjacent RubyTuesday's. The hotel was quiet and clean so no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeffery G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for the feed back Elizabeth! We do our best to have signage at the entrance and we have updated our street through the GPS services, nice to hear that you were comfortable once you found us. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stay here for business several times a year. I'm sucked into the Marriot rewards program so there really aren't many other choices. If you are a Hilton inmate there's a nearby Hampton Inn at the top of the hill, but I have had highway noise problems there. This hotel is fine if you get a room on the front side away from the street out back. The suites are large and you could spend extended periods of time here with the cooking facility. The place is not ideal for business travellers in my experience. Last time I checked in, with a colleague, both of us in business suits (like something you never see in Pocatello except on missionaries) and they stick us on the second floor, me across the hall from a family of kids racing up and down the hall back and forth to the pool. To the managment's credit they stopped it (after I put up with it for hours before complaining). Or maybe they just went to sleep. But how difficult is it to put the biz people on the 3d floor? Place was empty. So the maid has to use the elevator. So what. HELLOOOO... you're losing business. There is an incredibly good Italian restaurant about a 100 yards away in the gas station. Yes. IN the gas station. I didn't believe it until my colleague made me go. There's also a Ruby Tuesday chain place across the parking lot. It's easy to get downtown from here.

Room Tip: Front side on third floor to the south side away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on the way to Montana from California. I was headed to Yellowstone and this was the best place to stop with time and the area had some good things to do while in the area. Check in was late about 10 p.m. I called the hotel to let them know and they were okay with this.

Unfortunately maybe because I checked in so late, there were so many issues: (a) it was a cold night and the room was cold and could not get the heater to warm up. Front desk were not properly equipped to handle this issue which meant I had an uncomfortable cold night. (b) I took a shower and trying to make sure I only used just the needed towels, I went to hang the towel I had used behind the door on the hook, only to find hair....eew (so much for being green). (c) more dirty stuff....found hair in the sink and hair pins on the floor. Kept wondering how much cleaning the housekeeping did.

Breakfast was the usual, definitely could've been better, to me it felt lacking! Could I stay here again, probably not. If I really had to, I'd definitely check in early so I have time to check out the room with adequate time to make changes if needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the TownePlace Suites for one night on our way through Idaho. It was so comfortable and being 6 months pregnant was the best sleep I received all week. The beds and sheets were very comfortable. The staff accomodating. The pool was small, but we went on a weekday and mostly did not have anyone in it. The breakfast had lots of choices but no hot dishes (besides breads and pastries you could toast).

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Well things did not start off well - the room had towels from the previous guests hanging on door, in the closet and on the shower curtain rack. I went and asked for more towels.

The television did not turn on - so my second trip to the front desk - they told me to unplug the unit, wait 10 seconds and then plug back in - IT WORKED! But to do this every time to get the set on . . .

Bed just ok -

Location right on 15 and the exit to the University is very nice - but next to hospital with LifeAid helicopter taking off and landing - west side facing rooms

Fitness center ok too - needs new equipment - no sanitary wipes -

Room Tip: I would go on the east side away from hospital and interstate
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JSH80634
Reviewed 29 April 2013

our stay was on April 25. We were in the area for my wife's birthday and when Chrystie found out she went above and beyond the call of duty. She gave my wife a small gift bag and card. We have stayed with them last year and the service was the same---excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple