“Very nice Towneplace Suites”

TownePlace Suites Pocatello
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed at a number of Towneplace Suites because I like having the kitchen facilities and more space to accommodate our family of four. This is one of the nicest Towneplace Suites in which I've ever stayed. We wished that we could have stayed there longer. We had a 2 bedroom suite. One thing I did find lacking was the breakfast choices: no protein unless you're a fan of hard-boiled eggs, and some of the breads available were a little old. Across the parking lot from the hotel is a Ruby Tuesday's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been visiting Pocatello for years as my Grandparents lived there. We never really needed a hotel. However, with the recent funeral, all of the family convened in Pocatello and almost all of us stayed at the Marriott. Finally, a Marriott in Pocatello!

The TownPlace suites is a fantastic place to stay for people visiting Pocatello. It is near an interstate, I-15, near ISU, and not far from, well, anything. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was pretty decent, with a waffle maker, hardboiled eggs, oat meal, pastries, milk, OJ, and the such. No scrambled eggs or hot stuff like that. Otherwise, good food and a nice lady that helped to set it all up.

The management also upgraded my parents to a large suite, which was highly needed, because they were Platinum members. Be sure to ask about an upgrade.

Finally, the amenities are nice, such as the pool, hot tub, and work out room. There is even a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

If you're in the area, and need a place to stay, check it out!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hsphoser36
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very large room and very clean. This is designed for long-term stays and is a suite setup with a mini-kitchenette. The desk personnel were very friendly and tried to meet our needs. Good people.

One thing I really appreciated was there were no hoops to go through to get to the internet, and the connection was strong and reasonably fast. Good move, Towne Place Suites!

Breakfast was typical motel fare—adequate but nothing special.

Downside: The TV reception is very poor; the room thermostats are difficult to figure out; there is no ice machine and we didn’t have any ice in the one tiny tray in the room refrigerator.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dixie M
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Was in town on business. I used to stay at the red lion, but it's fallen off a bit. The hospitals nearby this hotel, it's much newer, and a Ruby Tuesday restaurant is next door as well, with a nice bar.

I had a 2BR suite, way too much for one person. I didn't have bed problems. I thought they were ok. Not hilton quality but good.

My only complaint is the breakfast. I like to have a warm meal - eggs, bacon...but they don't have. They do have biscuits and gravy, so I settled.

Overall a good pick. Oh mention at Ruby Tuesday you're staying and you get a 15% discount.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Seattleaviationfella
Jeffery G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hi Fella!

Wonderful to hear that you had a comfortable experience with us, it is nice to have Ruby Tuesday and Cafe Tuscano close, accessible and willing to give our guests a discount.

We have been doing our best to spruce up the continental breakfast with flavored waffles, biscuits and gravy, kiwi and other touches. Our number one goal is top notch service, from breakfast to bedtime!

Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very clean and looks new... overall, everything was pretty nice except the extremely firm bed. We are elite rewards members and stay at alot of Marriott properties, and this bed was probably the hardest out of any of them.

good location off freeway, easy access to many areas of Pocatello.

probably 3.5 stars, but since the bed was the only thing I could pick on (and it is an important thing)... I decided a 4 was more fair then a 3.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mtnmanlives
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was in Pocatello Idaho for the holidays to visit family, and found that Marriott had opened a new hotel in Pocatello (new to me). Great location and the staff was just awesome, both in offering me a nice upgraded room for the week and in their cleaning service as well as their breakfast every morning, including Christmas morning. Great location close to down town and easy to find. Wonderful pool and spa, as well as work out area. Always a pleasant "hello" or "good morning" and "anything we can do to assist you" as I walked by the front desk.

Room Tip: When if this area of the country, Makes a great stop over while on your way to or from Jackson Hole...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 349Alan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great customer service, nice room, but not a great place for a good night's sleep. Walls are paper thin, and i could hear the TV in the next room. Refrigerator produced a constant dripping noise so I turned on the TV only to have the person in the next room complain about being able to hear it, even after I muted the sound. Fitness facility equipment was old and non-functioning. Like the other reviewers, the dishware in my room was not clean. Can't say enough about the great staff, but if a workout and a good night's sleep are important to you, find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jeffery G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Jorjia,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. Service and cleanliness are what define us, our goal is to always create a positive experience.

Our fitness center contains two treadmills, lifecycles, elliptical machines and free weights, I am unaware of any of the equipment not functioning, it is something I check on regularly and all is working well. We do have an arrangement for our guests to use a local fitness center free of charge that is fully stocked including a lap pool, basketball courts and fitness classes.

My apologies for your experience, I do hope we get the opportunity to see you again to improve upon this visit.