“Clean and large rooms”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
san jose,ca
“Clean and large rooms”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had stayed for 2 separate nights during our last trip to Yellowstone. It turned out to be very comfy beds, large rooms, nice kitchen and bathroom. Everything was very good. They even offered free breakfast. The only thing is the selection at the breakfast was a little lacking. For the price paid, I think it's very good overall. A great place the spend the night during the road trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jeffery g, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pocatello, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, I'm sure you enjoyed Yellowstone as everyone does. I wanted to let you know that we have been striving to improve the breakfast and have recently added eggs, turkey sausage and cottage cheese.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakhurst, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We are a Mariott club member, so we stay in Mariott properties often. While the faciliites seem quite new, the service was sub-par and the room tiny.

There never seemed to be anyone at the front desk. When they were there, they were overwhelmed.

The "free" breakfast in the morning was a joke. The person who was supposed to do the breakfast setup called in sick. Evidently no one was crossed trained to do her job. So basically, there was no food, no coffee, no tea, and no water!

The hotel was fairly full, so there were people everywhere looking for food. I saw one family of 5 come in only to see there was no food. The kids were crying and the parents were saying they hadn't budgeted for breakfast out for everyone. If you advertise breakfast, you should have some. Ridiculous!

Would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Professor,

It deeply saddens me to read your review and hear of your experience here with us in Pocatello. While every business runs into challenges, it is how we deal with them that matters. On July 3rd we had our breakfast team member call in sick and our management team jumped in and assisted with breakfast, being a busy holiday weekend it was challenging but I thought successful. I'm very sorry for your experience, I assure you it is not the standard.
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Well situated for access to Idaho State U, just down the hill and over. Staff was very friendly (maybe a bit too overtly for a New Englander like me). Very high shower head (nice for a tall person to not have to stoop). Breakfast was free, with enough to get a quick bite; don't expect a full breakfast but it's good if you like a yogurt, cereal, and some juice. There was some foot noise from the people walking about in the room above.

Stayed July 2014
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel to Pocatello on business once a year. I don't know why I didn't stay here last year as I am a Marriott's Reward member. I thought it might be new, but when I asked the front desk guy said it had been there about seven years!! It sure doesn't look it! Still has a "new" feel to it.
Nice sized rooms with the fridge, etc. Comfy bed. Right next to a Ruby Tuesday if you'd rather not have the Happy Hour food. And they also will provide "room service" from there.
Two negatives: my room was incredibly noisy. I am usually not bothered by noise, but I was at the end of the hall where four rooms all come together. I could hear the woman in the room next to me on every single phone conversation she had. Also people going up and down the stairs made quite a racket.
Also, although the housekeeper must have dusted (things I had arranged on the coffee table were all neatly stacked on top one another) she did not vacuum (or did a lousy job). There was smashed popcorn on the floor in several places - I didn't go looking for it.

Room Tip: Not at the end of the hall, or next to the stairs!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed at a number of Towneplace Suites because I like having the kitchen facilities and more space to accommodate our family of four. This is one of the nicest Towneplace Suites in which I've ever stayed. We wished that we could have stayed there longer. We had a 2 bedroom suite. One thing I did find lacking was the breakfast choices: no protein unless you're a fan of hard-boiled eggs, and some of the breads available were a little old. Across the parking lot from the hotel is a Ruby Tuesday's.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy C
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been visiting Pocatello for years as my Grandparents lived there. We never really needed a hotel. However, with the recent funeral, all of the family convened in Pocatello and almost all of us stayed at the Marriott. Finally, a Marriott in Pocatello!

The TownPlace suites is a fantastic place to stay for people visiting Pocatello. It is near an interstate, I-15, near ISU, and not far from, well, anything. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was pretty decent, with a waffle maker, hardboiled eggs, oat meal, pastries, milk, OJ, and the such. No scrambled eggs or hot stuff like that. Otherwise, good food and a nice lady that helped to set it all up.

The management also upgraded my parents to a large suite, which was highly needed, because they were Platinum members. Be sure to ask about an upgrade.

Finally, the amenities are nice, such as the pool, hot tub, and work out room. There is even a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

If you're in the area, and need a place to stay, check it out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hsphoser36
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very large room and very clean. This is designed for long-term stays and is a suite setup with a mini-kitchenette. The desk personnel were very friendly and tried to meet our needs. Good people.

One thing I really appreciated was there were no hoops to go through to get to the internet, and the connection was strong and reasonably fast. Good move, Towne Place Suites!

Breakfast was typical motel fare—adequate but nothing special.

Downside: The TV reception is very poor; the room thermostats are difficult to figure out; there is no ice machine and we didn’t have any ice in the one tiny tray in the room refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple