“Stay”

Best Western Pocatello Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is very roomy and staff go out of their way to help. The room was comfortable. If each room had a microwave it would be much better. There are several places to eat close by and the hotel offers a discount at many of them.

1  Thank Larry B
pocatellosales, Director of Sales at Best Western Pocatello Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Larry I would like to thank you for the kind review about your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. Thank you also for the suggestion of a microwave in each room. We are in the process of renovating the hotel and your suggestion is appreciated. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again when we are finished.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pocatello Inn

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great choice, restaurant close by, lounge in hotel, friendly staff. Clean and comfortable. Easy access. Looked like a condo, not a hotel, indoor pool. I was pleasantly surprised by layout and view, not your typical motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

All the staff here at the Best Western Pocatello Inn would like to thank you for such a great review about your stay. It is always gratifying when a guest enjoys their stay. It is our goal for each guest to have a comfortable stay while they are with us. We do hope that you will come and visit us again. We look forward to your return. And again thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

fresh cookies at evening check in. 24 hour pool/hot tub. although we didn't use them, it was a first for those hours. overall nice rooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff. the coffee machine at the hot breakfast had mocha and other flavors of coffee-such a treat!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is always so nice to hear when a guest enjoys their stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind a review about your stay at the Best Western Pocatello Inn. I will be sure to pass on our comments about the cookies and friendly staff. It is always rewarding to hear that our guests had a good visit. The breakfast staff will be happy to hear that your liked the coffee machine and the flavors. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are traveling through Pocatello.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was adequate but not as great as I'd hoped. To be fair, I was a bit tired after a long day. I had reserved 2 rooms for our traveling party and at check-in we were told that they could not accommodate us near each other which was fine, but we weren't even the same floor - still fine, but a bit annoying. The hotel is laid out strangely with many turns and stairs to navigate. No elevators. The common areas, especially stairs, were dirty with We all really appreciated the availability of non-smoking rooms which was the main reason we booked this hotel. Overall, the accommodations were fine but I can't say I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your stay. This way we can see where we need to improve. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel was Easily Accessible and was very Pet Friendly - Good raites and good amenities. There were many choices of food close to the hotel. It was easy access on and off Interstate 15 and fuel stops available also. 24 hour pool and spa also. Beds were very comfortable and had a small fridge in the room that worked great/ Would recommend this for travelling though the I-15 corridor.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Richard for writing such a kind review about your stay at the Best Western Pocatello Inn. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoys their stay. We enjoy it when our guests bring their special family members. We do hope that you will visit us again the next time you come through the Pocatello area. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Traveling with a dog presents some challenges, our go-to hotel across the country and the Pocatello Best Western did not disappoint. We arrived after a long day of travel and were thrilled by our Family Room with two queen beds and a pull-out couch. This was the first hotel on our trip where all five of us stayed together. The room was spacious and completely comfortable AND it was fun to all be together. We enjoyed breakfast and then we were on our way.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
pocatellosales, Director of Sales at Best Western Pocatello Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review about your stay with the Best Western Pocatello Inn. We were glad that you brought you family including your dog. We always enjoy when our guest brings their special family member. We do hope that you will come and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am a professional flight crew member. I and my fellow flight crews stay at hotels nearly half the nights in any given month in nearly as many different cities and states. I am certainly aware what a hotel chain's general policy in regard to checkout extension, checkout time, and several other details are.

We had just had a less than desirable encounter with a different hotel in Pocatello, next door in fact. It was a very busy weekend with most of the hotels in town being completely booked. The check in staff was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. However given the following events they are either unaware of their own policies or we were blatantly lied to.

As we checked in we directly asked about checkout policy and times. We were told that the normal time was 12:00 pm. We asked about the policy regarding extending this time for us out to 2 pm. We were told this would not be a problem, they would be able to accommodate our needs, and all we needed to do was remind the morning shift. I thought the need to remind them was a bit odd but we thought everything would work out fine.

In the morning when we called down, both of us individually and at different times, the story changed drastically. We were told at 11am that checkout was at 11am. We were told that there was a finite amount of late checkouts granted and they were unable to accommodate us. We were told that the housekeeping staff was overwhelmed and they were making this decision. After explaining that we, as professional flight crews, have legal requirements that must be met and that this was not the information we had both received the previous afternoon on check-in, we were told to wait a few minutes and they'd get back to us. This took nearly 20 minutes. During the wait I spoke with a member of the housekeeping staff who told me they had 16 rooms to clean. I am unclear if this was for the individual or if it was total. The parking lot was not exactly full so I just don't know if I buy the level of busy that was implied.

When the Front Desk called us back 11:20 am we were told that the only way we could stay was if we paid for another half day. Not only was this completely the opposite of what we had been led to believe, this is not a common practice at any of the hotel chains I usually stay at. I have never heard that there is limit to the number of late checkouts granted. When challenged on this policy the woman on the other end of the phone line became decidedly belligerent and argumentative stating, and I quote, "I stay in hotels too and this is normal at all of them." Nice try. We know better given how much we stay in hotels as part of our jobs. At this point there was no point in continuing the conversation with anyone so we told her we would be out in a few minutes, hung up the phone, checked out, and left.

On an individual note. A decade of staying in hotels anywhere from 5 to 28 nights in a month has educated me on general hotel policies. I know when I am being lied to or when I find a place that isn't following their own mission statement. Best Western is commonly one of the worst in this regard, which is why I avoid them when I can. Next time I will drive to a different town if a different hotel is not available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. The night that you stayed we were totally sold out and try to help everyone with their requests the best that we can. The housekeeper that you spoke to was stating that she had 16 rooms and each housekeeper did have about the same amount to clean. Because the housekeepers are trying to get the rooms ready for our arriving guests we can only allow a certain amount of late check outs. Again I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.