“Perfect stopover from Yellowstone”

Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, and we felt it was a good value especially if the WiFi had worked. At check-in we were given a great recommendation for dinner, but the in-house breakfast was a disappointment, next time I would grab fast food next door.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

So the reviews I read indicated that the hotel was dingy, check in was slow, and the hotel was "tired".

I was hesitant to stay here but I booked through priceline and it selected this hotel.

Check in: Took about 2 minutes tops. The guy was friendly. I try not to be too judgmental with appearances, but its hard when someone has a massive (and I mean massive) tattoo on their neck. I know this is going to sound bad, but I told my wife that I felt like we just checked into Alcatraz because the homie at the front desk had some gang script on his neck. Again the dude was totally nice and he didn't offer to sell me any drugs or rob us at gun point.

The hotel felt like a Courtyard for all you marriott people. Rooms were clean and didn't seem tired to me at all. Carpets were starting to look a little warn but not as bad as some of these reviewers indicated (my vision is 20/20 for the record).

I feel like the poor reviews are slightly unwarranted... this is a solid hotel for the price and much better than the name brand Hotel across the street....that place was just plain nasty!

The pool is pretty big and my kids loved it. They played more in that pool than they had at most of the other hotels that we have stayed at. THE POOL IS A HIGHLIGHT at this hotel.

I would rate it higher than average, but like I said earlier it is a solid hotel (I am used to staying in Marriott or similar brand) and I would say it is similar to many Courtyards that I have stayed at except the price was much better here.

Don't be afraid to stay here based upon the poor reviews. I was expecting this place to be a hole and it is not. It is a solid hotel (not saying something wont disappoint, but for the money you pay its hard to beat this place).

Room Tip: No elevator so make sure you get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldwideHotelsnob
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I was pleased with everything about my stay at the Pocatello Red Lion. I did originally have to change rooms as the first room smelly badly of smoke. The 2nd room didn't have a king bed, but it was a great location and I made due with 2 queens. The room was quiet, nicely appointed, and very comfortable. I would recommend this property to anyone traveling in or about the area!

Room Tip: The east side of this property has no freeway noise...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable but it went downhill from there. It's an older hotel and showed. Fixtures, carpet, furniture were outdated. The toilet seat was very loose. Why wouldn't house keeping tell maintenance to tighten it? If I had a screwdriver, I would have tightened it. Wifi bandwidth was horrible. The connection I had was slower than dial up 2400 baud modem. It's off the highway so noise wasn't a factor except the a rhythmic hum from pool equipment. The very bright spot of my experience was Amanda, the night clerk. She was very cheerful, up beat, and helpful. She helped me set up my laptop for Wifi, got me the best rate on my room, and gave me great directions to locations I was looking for. 2 thumbs up for Amanda. I like Red Lion and plan on using them in the future. Hope they can fix the problems at this one.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the rooms facing the pool unless you want to use the pool. Sliding glass door...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This place is just "tired" but please stay here so the good places are not booked next time I am in town. Took me 20 minutes to check in. Are you kidding me? Five minutes per guest? Writing down info on a guest's drivers license? Rooms and hallway need an upgrade. No elevator to second floor. Just weak

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RedSoxRule27
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

I am very sorry the experience you had with our team was disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured these issues will be looked into and addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

From the time we stepped through the lobby doors of the Red Lion at Pocatello, we knew we had picked an excellent place to stay! We were greeted by Darren who took great care of us! We asked for a quiet room and Darren picked the perfect room -- although all the rooms are probably pretty quiet.

Room Tip: We just asked for a quiet room and were not disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Comfortable beds, a few extras like a mini-fridge, very clean and every time I stay the staff are always pleasant and helpful. One of the best things about this hotel and all the Red Lion hotels is their very accommodating pet-policy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo