I've been in my cold room for three hours and have experienced the following:
1. The front desk representative failed to smile and welcome me to the Red Lion Inn when I arrived.
2. The hotel could use a new coat of paint around the trim and a cleaning of the vents.
3. The room is comfortable and good sized but very cold.
4. I haven't seen a tv as old as the one in my room at another hotel since 2009.
5. The hallway and the pool area are very cold. Perhaps a draft from the hallway is keeping my room cold.
6. I mentioned to the front desk that the room was cold and when I requested another room, they sent a maintenance person to check the heater/air conditioner. The maintenance man said the heater was emitting 117 degree heat. I arrived in the room at 5:00; my request for a room change came at 6:00. It's now 8:15 and the room is still cold. As mentioned earlier, the cold could be from a draft in the hallway.
In the past month I've stayed at the Pocatello Comfort Inn, the Ameritel, and the Red Lion. All are within a half mile of each other and each has similar rates. The Ameritel is definitely the best of the three: great pool, rooms, and breakfast. I rate the Comfort Inn and the Red Lion both far behind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Lion Hotel Pocatello is conveniently located in the heart of Pocatello, Southeast Idaho's regional center for shopping, education, medical care and cultural activities. Golf, water sports, skiing, snowmobiling, casino gambling and bingo are just some of the activities to enjoy while in the area.Our 150 guest rooms and suites feature Red Lion's signature Sealy pillowtop beds, Eco Fresh Environmentally Responsible Products (ERP), complimentary wi-fi, telephone dataports, in-room coffee makers and hairdryers. Executive king rooms also feature microwaves and refrigerators. On-site you will also find an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center as well as the Pocatello Lounge, serving dinner. We now offer Red Lion's signature Roaring Start Breakfast Buffet... and don't forget, kids 10 and younger eat free with each adult. Complimentary parking and airport transportation are provided.Southeastern Idaho's largest full-service convention hotel, the Red Lion Hotel Pocatello is also the perfect location for your next conference or special occasion. Our 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space can accommodate up to 1,000 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Lion Hotel Pocatello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Pocatello
- Pocatello Red Lion
- Red Lion Hotel Pocatello Idaho