“Decent hotel for Pocatello”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
Provo, Utah
“Decent hotel for Pocatello”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was the old holiday inn and they haven't changed it at all from what i remember. The service was what I have come to expect from Choice and I was not disappointed. The restaurant provided a great and delicious selection but I was sad that there was not a complimentary breakfast available. The pool is huge and indoors so can be enjoyed year round. It is great for kids as 2/3 of it is only about 4 ft or less. There is a decent hot tub and sauna available as well. I was really disappointed in the "fitness room". I don't really believe that 2 treadmills, a stair stepper, and a machine should count (plus i hate that the mirrors in the room make the picture look like its a LOT bigger than it really is).
I would stay here again because its Choice but if there was another option I'd look.

Room Tip: if you want noise and chlorine smell choose an inside room, else outside.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Devores
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We definitely agree with you; we think our restaurant offers a great selection of delicious food as well. Next time you stay, ask about our Choice Privileges program. As a member, you would receive a coupon for $7 off of breakfast. We hope this would help with your disappointment at the lack of a complimentary breakfast. Our advice is to try the Best Value Breakfast option on our menu. With a price of $6.99, this option can be completely covered by the Choice Privilege breakfast coupon. This option also offers more than enough food to start your day off right.

As for our fitness center, we apologize if you felt the picture was deceiving. This was not our intention in the slightest. But if our workout equipment did not fit your needs, next time ask about our "Shape up for Summer" program. As an added benefit for our guests, we have teamed up with a local gym in Pocatello. While staying at our hotel, our guests have a free pass to use the facilities of Fitness Inc. We believe this free amenity will offer all of the finess equipment you desire while visiting Pocatello.

Thanks again for staying with us while in Pocatello. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
montana
Reviewed 9 March 2012

$43 on priceline......no brainer at this price.....great pool area with hot tub and workout room....has a restaurant and bar on site and also other choices all around it.....rooms are older, but it was clean....I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!
Idaho, USA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Since the town was packed with people for the State HS Wrestling Championship, we had to stay at the Clarion Inn (old Holiday Inn). It worked out just fine. We were lucky enough to have an outside corridor room with microwave and fridge. If you stay inside be ready for lots of noise from kids in the pool and spa or late nighters who don't know we can hear every word they are saying or yelling. Been there, done that! The staff were nice, except for the 6:30am wake up call from the front desk that was in error. The restaurant is actually good and if you are a rewards member they give you a $7 coupon towards breakfast. The beds are comfortable and rooms clean. So for under $70 it's a good stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our property. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the mix up with your wake up call. Please know this is not a common occurrence and we truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We do hope you will consider us for your next stay while in Pocatello. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I just checked into my room for a 3 day business stay and I'm so impressed that I felt compelled to write an immediate review. I booked through Priceline and got a great rate, but after reading the reviews I was nervous about the property. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. There is a covered entrance with automatic doors. The lobby and restaurant look very nice. I did notice as I pulled in that there are some rooms with exterior doors. The receptionist (Kat) was happy and pleasant in her greeting. When she checked me in she mentioned my room was one of the ones with an exterior door. I asked if she had anything available in the main building (rooms have interior doors). She checked and switched me to a room in the main building without any argument. The room is very nice. Good bedding, granite counter tops, iron and board, solid wood furnishings, etc. Everything is very clean and organized. I've stayed in 4+ star hotels that are worse. The indoor clover-shaped pool area with waterfall looks great and I can't wait to soak in the hot tub after my meetings today. I feel bad for those who posted negative reviews, but my experience so far is great and I'm very happy with the property. I happily recommend staying here and will come back again. If you notice things you want or like, asking politely for those things can go a long way.

• Stayed February 2012
We are so please you enjoyed your stay with us while in Pocatello. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are delighted you were able to experience it. We hope you were indeed able to take advantage our hot tub and sauna after your meetings; they sure do help take the stress off after a long day. Thank you for your thoughtful review and we look forward to your next visit!
Ogden, UT
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Had to stay in Pocatello on short notice. My first choices were Hampton Inn, Marriott, Ameritel Inn. All were booked solid. I chose the clarion out of desperation. This is a true motel, don't be fooled by the pictures online. The rooms are very dated and cleanliness is so so. I slept ok but could not wait to get out of there. On the upside, there is a huge indoor pool area that I think kids would enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Skyburner
Thank you for your honest review. We are sorry to hear your stay may not have been up to our usual standards. As for the layout of our property, we have different options to meet the individual needs of our valued guests. Some of our rooms face the outside; this option offers the convenience of parking your vehicle right in front of your room for easy access. We also have indoor rooms that overlook our pool. This option may be the right fit for you during your next stay if you were uncomfortable with our outside rooms.

You're right; we do have a great pool. In fact, we have the largest indoor pool in Pocatello. Along with our pool, we also have a sauna and hot tub that will not disappoint.

Please consider us the next time you are in Pocatello. We will make it our priority to become your first choice instead of your "last resort'.

Travellers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Idaho
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Female traveling alone with a previous frightening experience at another establishment. I had a great rate from a discount site, room was clean, quiet and safe. Ashley, front desk clerk even called my room to make sure everything was satisfactory. Burger in the Brass Rail was good, fast and friendly service. Hoping I can keep getting a great rate at Clarion for my regular trips to Pocatello!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We would love to offer you a great rate every time your are in Pocatello! In fact, next time you plan a trip, call us direct at (208) 237-1400. We have a great sales team that would love to work with you. We hope to hear from you soon.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed there for 1 night with our pet. The hotel is really pet friendly and they have outside door access from your room which makes it nice. They have a 2 acre park that fido can play in which was really nice. Pool area looked really fun if you were travelling with children there is also a resturant and lounge on site. Parking at your door is also really nice.
Downside were dated rooms and Interstate traffic noise that kept us from having a bad sleep, we also had a room service issue but that was satisfactorily resolved by the night manager.
Overall not a bad place to stay over if your travelling with Fido or kids but skip it if your a couple.

Room Tip: Make sure to get aroom that is not facing I-15
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family