“Lost Holiday Inn franchise for a reason - OK, but not great” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
Sandy, Utah
“Lost Holiday Inn franchise for a reason - OK, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed at the Clarion a few times over the last 20 years, first as a Holiday Inn and now as a Clarion. New bedding, window treatments, new but poorly laid carpeting, didn't hide the fact that the hotel is dated and at a disadvantage compared to its competition. Superficially, the room was clean, but if you look in the corners or by the baseboard, you'll notice a line of dust that hasn't been addressed in a long time. Deep cleaning hadn't been done in awhile. My room had an exterior entrance, which didn't bother me. For some it's a disadvantage. The bathroom was dated. The tub area had beige tile squares and an old tub. Not vintage, just old. On the positive side, I slept well and the internet worked well. As a Choice Privilege member, I received a $7.00 voucher for breakfast. It was OK and without an out of pocket addition, my choices were limited. The food was OK, but Denny's would have been better. I had limited contact with the staff, but it was positive. Would I stay again? I don't think so. For the price, there are better local alternatives.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My family loves the hotel. It is clean and fun. Pool is so much fun for our family. Staff is great. Will stay again! Breakfast although was not complimentary it was great and children eat for free with purchase of adult entree.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Bejild
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello.

We are so glad that you have been "WOW"ed by our service time and time again. We appreciate your repeat business and hope to see you many more times!

See you soon!
Powell, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ever walk into a hotel room and say Wow this is clean? Well we did here! When we opened the door it was just that clean. The room is a bit older but was clean and made for a very nice stay. Recieved a coupon for a discounted breakfast but didn't use it. Just have a free breakfast like most places and we would have eaten there. If you are looking for an easy, just off the highway stop this would be a good place to stay.

1 Thank ManyRoadsTraveled
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad that we were able to impress you with our clean rooms, great location, overall service!

We hope to see you again soon!
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed in the Clarion Inn for 5 nights during a business trip to Pocatello. Things didn't get off to a good start! Based on previous reviews from Trip Advisor, I booked a more expensive King Suite on the inside of the hotel, overlooking the pool. However, on check in (after 7pm) I was told the room wasn't ready and after a few minutes, told that there was some problem with the room and it wasn't going to be available!!!!??!?!?

Instead I was offered a large room on the outside of the hotel. At the time, I thought this meant a room along some wing of the hotel, but it actually did mean "outside" the hotel. I had to leave the main hotel building to walk to my room, which was on the ground floor, two feet from a car space right in front of it, overlooking the back of the hotel, so a perfect view of the services area/air conditioning etc.

For anyone that has seen Breaking bad and saw the hotel/motel that the crack head prostitute was staying in - well my room here reminded me a lot of that! First of all it was a dark area of the hotel anyway, but with the ground floor location and overlooking a car park right in front of it, the net curtains needed to be drawn at all times, so it was DARK. Like miserably dark.

The room was quite dated and run down, very much in need of renovation. But it was clean. The external door didn't feel secure, with lots of play in it, which made me feel nervous (Ok... I do appreciate I was in Pocatello). The only plus side of the room was a large comfortable double bed, large flat screen TV and free wifi.

To compensate me for the issue with the room, I was offered a 20 dollar breakfast voucher. On my first morning there, based on breakfast and how poor it was, I decided I wouldn't need it the next day. I also decided not to eat in the hotel during the evenings based on the poor breakfast.

The whole hotel is in serious need of renovation and modernising. The restaurant needs a better chef, certainly in the morning.

All in all the only pluses I found for the hotel were the comfortable bed, free wifi, polite staff and complimentary shuttle service. But it wasn't a nice place to spend any time, which sucks if you have to be there for a week. I won't be staying there on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ciaranwhyte
ClarionInnPocatello, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your review of the Clarion Inn Pocatello. We appreciate your candid feedback and I assure that you that we do take your issues very seriously.

I am not sure the exact circumstances of the room issues that prevented you from getting your intend room. Sometimes, unavoidable maintenance issues occur and unfortunately it seems as though this was the case. I do sincerely apologize.

We do hope that you stay with us again and give us another chance. Once again, we do appreciate your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Bellevue, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My family loved this hotel. We had an inside room and it was very roomy. The shower room was a bit small but other than that it was great. The staff was super helpful and very friendly. We asked for a fridge and microwave while checking in and they had it to the room within minutes. The pool/hot tub/Sauna area is beautiful like stepping into another world. We will definitely be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Inn. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Nampa, Idaho, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I will have to say that the housekeeping can be done a little better. When we got into our room the mirrors had a layer of smog, their was trash behind the chair, dust on the headboard, and the floor had some kind of liquid on it. The employees at the front desk were super friendly. The rooms were kinda small. The price is a little high for what they offer.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We do not take cleanliness issues lightly and are always trying to make improvements in this area. We take pride in our hotel and I apologize that you did not see that.

We hope that you will give us another try. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Coos Bay, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've lived in Pocatello for over 30 years. I moved away and came back to visit. So I stayed decided to stay here. The outside appearance of the front of the property looks very well kept and updated. The front desk area looks nice, things are looking good. Until you get to the room. All rooms have an old bay window, small bathrooms At first I couldn't find a light switch in the middle of the night. So I just felt my way around the room for a lamp. The bed was pretty firm and pillows were packed like bricks. The bathroom sent me back to 80's (Needs updated). The hotel didn't look very busy that night just by the amount of cars in the parking lot and I was still put in a room on the back 40. It was not very easy finding the room. Oh ya one more thing. I have never been to a choice hotel that didn't have a free hot breakfast of some sort. I was told by the front desk I would have to pay. I suppose it was my fault for not reading the details on choicehotels.com I have now canceled my reservation to this Clarion hotel for my weeks Christmas vacation and moved it to the Comfort Inn (still a choice hotel) 40 feet down the road. Free breakfast and its $15 cheaper at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on our excellent guest service and we are so disappointed that you were not able to experience this.

We are constantly making updates to our rooms and throughout the hotel. We do have many room types throughout the hotel and are always more than willing to make changes to your reservation to accommodate any requests that you may regarding location of your room. Sometimes we only have certain room types in certain areas of the hotel, but we are always willing to match rates to get your room where you will be most comfortable.

Although we do not have a continental breakfast there are several ways to get a discounted hot made to order breakfast at our full service restaurant . I am sorry that you were not offered those options during your stay.

We would love to have you come back to the hotel and give us another try. We do appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again!