“Great Hotel”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here on our way to Jackson Hole, WY. The hotel was fantastic. The room was clean and had quality bedding. There was a flat screen TV, and large window that faced the indoor courtyard. There was an indoor pool with a waterfall, hot tub, sauna, and games for kids. We swam and relaxed and afterwards we got take-out from the hotel's restaurant. My son got dessert and my husband got hot wings. The food was very good. The hotel was quiet, and relaxing, we all loved it. We really liked how the rooms all faced in towards the pool area. The only bad thing about our stay is that we didn't book the room for our trip home. We got a good deal through Priceline and the hotel couldn't match it. We tried, but ended up with a different hotel. If we ever need to stay in Pocatello, ID again, we will definitely stay at the Clarion Inn!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The front desk clerk who checked me in assured I would not be charged for something when I was. The manager then did not resolve my problem but instead made the problem worse. I was charged again for the room even though I had yet to be refunded. I had to have my personal banker resolve the issue, which after 10 days is still not fully resolved. I will never recommend that hotel or any of the other hotels in the chain to another person and would actually discourage them from spending their time or money at any Clarion.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank royw426
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Room was comfortable and clean. Nice large, heated indoor pool and game room. Hotel includes a restaurant that offers an extensive, affordable breakfast. The hotel is right off the highway making it easy to get to.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter and more private outside the enclose courtyard than in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We needed a inexpensive hotel, just outside of Yellowstone, clean room and bed, clean bath. Applebee's was next door, so we walked. has pool, game tables for the kids, front desk was nice and fast. breakfast was simple and good

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 am after being turned away from our original hotel as they were overbooked. We dealt with Kyle at the front desk and he was amazing. He turned a bad situation into a good one. Thanks Kyle!

The hotel was quiet and clean. It does need to be updated but overall it was a nice experience. Having staff that cares is sometimes more important than new tiles in the bathroom.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I travel to Pocatello often for work, but I usually can make it back home to Salt Lake City afterward, but I had to stay over and the company I work for had a corporate rate at the Clarion so I stayed there. Not too bad, the price was reasonable, tit definitely has a classic hotel layout, the pool area is actually nice, if a little dated. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, you get a discount coupon for breakfast in the morning in their hotel restaurant. All in all, I would stay here again should the occasion arise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Reservations were made using a third party online service a month prior to my arrival. I was booked to stay two days over the weekend. Upon my arrival I was informed that I had been given a smoking room because I had paid using a third party and got such a low rate. I was completely baffled! I asked if I could get a non smoking room the following night and was informed that they couldn't make any promises. I wasn't allowed to leave a review on the hotels main website because I hadn't actually spent the night. Luckily I found another hotel nearby and quickly made reservations there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple