“safe neighborhood, ok value”

Rodeway Inn University
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Gaston, Oregon, United States
“safe neighborhood, ok value”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked online and wished the pictures were updated, as well as the rooms. Found the carpets with worn holes in the room and went through 4 remotes and never got one that worked. Had called earlier in the evening to try to get directions and was put on "hold" only to have to listen to the clerk helping someone and then talking with a co -worker. They never came back on the line after waiting over 15 minutes. Tried several times to call back and phone was never answered until 2 hours later. It has a good location, but needs a lot of work. Won't be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

With my AAA discount, we were able to stay here for $45/night. For the price, we were pleasantly surprised! While it's not the newest hotel in Pocatello, the Rodeway Inn is clean and the staff was accommodating. We were also impressed with the continental breakfast (fresh waffles!) and the warm cookies and lemonade served every evening. Located directly across the street from ISU and only a few minutes from downtown shops and restaurants, the value of Rodeway Inn is hard to beat! I would definitely stay here again if I'm passing through Pocatello.

Room Tip: We had a room on the side of the hotel that is opposite of the street. We had no issues with noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were in town for the Western regionals Wrestling tournament. This hotel was close to Holt Arena. It was very well priced. My 8 year old and i stayed a few days with no issue. The hotel was fully booked with other wrestling family's. The walls are a little thin but everyone was quiet at a decent time. The place is a little run down but clean. The pillows were the worse part of our stay (BRING YOUR OWN) They are very separated and lumpy. The bed is old and springy but if your picky don't stay here. If your lade back and looking to save money i would recommend it. They try hard to make up for where they lack the. Breakfast is not great but it's FREE!!!! the staff were very nice. And they have free cookies and juice in the evening :)

Room Tip: they have roll away beds to make the single a double
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were surprised by what we got for the price we paid. We paid $45/night (with a AAA discount). The rooms are a bit dated and could use a little updating, but were clean. We inspect the rooms before we get comfortable, just in case we need to make adjustments to our schedule/reservation. Needless to say, we unpacked. Included in the price was a continental breakfast (waffles, cereal, bagels and fruit cup). The staff at the front desk (we experienced 3 different shifts while we were there) was friendly and helpful. It is located close to area attractions (including the zoo, Idaho State University and the Clean Museum). If you are planning on visiting someone or something in the Pocatello area, give Rodeway Inn a call.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was cold and windy when I checked in. I had a corner room on the second floor. The wind was pounding against the very cheap window. I tucked the curtain in to lessen the noise and draft. I put a chair and pillow up against the heater/air conditioner as air and noise was being emitted from it. I didn't need the heat on as the temp in the room was adequate. The toilet would run for a few seconds every 30 or 40 minutes so I closed the bathroom door. The furniture in the room looked like it was from a bigger, nicer hotel. Now it was crammed in this one. So, getting around was tight. The refrigerator was on the floor, so when I opened the door it would rub against the carpet. That's an easy fix folks, just put a couple of 2 x 4 scraps of wood under it and get it off the floor.
Anyway, with the wind and the toilet noise I thought "oh boy, this is going to be a long night." Well, luckily the wind died down and I didn't hear the toilet running with the door closed. So, I actually got a very good nights sleep! That's all that mattered to me the next morning.
I usually stay at a little higher end "Choice Hotels" than this one, but wasn't able to get a reservation on such short notice. This hotel will do in a pinch, but I won't stay here again unless I have to.
I found the staff to be friendly though. And that's always a good thing, no matter what.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael T
Louise M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn University, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Michael--I apologize for your disappointing stay at our property and I appreciate you letting me know that your stay was less than perfect. This time of year we do have strong winds here in Eastern Idaho--I wish we had climate more like your area in Northern Idaho. I am meeting with my staff this morning to go over your response to make sure the problems are fixed. Again I apologize. I will also pass on your kind words about my staff. Sincerely Louise, GM
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This property is very run down, and dated. The bath tub has stains and a crack in the surround. The hand rail in the bath was falling off. Noticed the sheets had stains on them, and the shower curtain rod was rusty. The breakfast did not have fresh fruit, little cups of canned fruit instead. Will say the staff was friendly. We left this location after one night, and moved to another hotel in area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank victoria u
Louise M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn University, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello--I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience at our property, We very much appreciate you telling us about your concerns. It is an older facility and we work very hard to see that our guests are comfortable. At the present time we are working up on several upgrades. The Rodeway Inn is an economy brand with economy rates and therefore is only required to have a very limited breakfast. We are proud to have expanded ours to include fresh baked waffles, hot and cold cereals, bagels and cream cheese, the fruit cocktail and more. Thank you again for advising us of your concerns. Sincerely, Louise

Travellers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Saskatoon
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice room, old-style TV, extremely friendly staff, fresh-baked cookies at 8pm provided by host. Nothing wrong with the location. Walked to The Bridge for supper (Canadian term for the last meal of the day)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple