Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ponderay
Marietta, Georgia
“Nice property”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This property is located on the north side of Ponderay/Sand Point. The property itself backs up to a very peaceful view of trees, stream, horses and mountains. You can enjoy this from the patio on the back that spans the width of the hotel.

The property is in good condition. The rooms were clean, large and comfortable. The breakfast area was run quite well. I did not catch the name tag of the girl that was running it in the morning, but she did an outstanding job of keeping everything stocked and clean.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back for a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This seemed like a very new hotel. I had a room on the backside of the hotel with a view of the adjacent stream, horse meadows, and mountains and ... nothing else, it's just nature. Absolutely fantastic.

Room was new, clean, and comfortable.

Sports bar next door offered good and cheap food and drinks.

Apart from some luxury hotels I stayed at on my three week hotels, this was my favourite hotel across the Western US.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have little to no complaints about this hotel - we had a great stay here. We were on a road trip to Spokane and booked this hotel on Hotwire, so I wasn't sure what we were going to get, but we were pleasantly surprised! The rooms were spacious, quiet and clean, the beds were actually soft and comfy (a rarity in hotel-land) with nice linens and pillows. The washroom in our room was very large with good water pressure in the shower. A free breakfast is always a plus in my opinion, and this one was pretty good, with some hot options and fresh fruit. The location is great - easy to get to and find, with lots of parking. I will stay here again on my way through Sandpoint!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Good hotel, stayed 3 times. Made reservation and got room price quote for 3 days. Put an extra $100 in the price without notification..... CANCELLED!!! I like the place very much and like to stay there, pool, good room, good free breakfast, and coffee. Tried other places but this plus one other place are nice to stay at.

Room Tip: Check price before you leave.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Charles R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Was impressed with the amenities and size of our room. We had a king suite that had a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink with paper plate, bowls and utensils for use. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast had several items to choose from. I did have two issues with our stay. We had booked in for 3 nights. The first night we were in a 2nd floor room and I got little sleep because of very heavy footed guests in the room above us starting at 6:00 am. I requested a change in room to the 3rd floor for our following 2 nights which was accommodated. The noise was no fault of the hotel but tells us of the very poor soundproofing in this hotel. Walls thin and doors slamming. My other issue is the pet friendly designation. My husband informed me after we had left that on two different occasions he had a flea on his body!! We did not travel with pets and these hotels should have pet only designated rooms for those that do not travel with pets! For this reason I have given the hotel a lower rating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saturn1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear saturn1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room size and amenities.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise during your stay and cleanliness. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family (and dog, Molly) stayed 2 nights in this hotel. We had a wonderful view of the trees and grassland from our room. I have never stayed in a hotel with a dog before. I felt a little guilty as we led her through the hallways. We didn't get far before the front desk staff welcomed our furry friend with tons of attention. The other staff gave her lots of fuss all the way to our room. It was a great welcome!! Our room was very clean, and well provided for with towels, coffee maker (et al), fridge, microwave...the usual. The breakfast was terrific. A pancake maker that my daughter loved (I didn't try one as I have gluten issues) , eggs, sausages, cereals, fruit, yogurt...it was all great!! Easy check-out. No troubles! We didn't have a chance to check out the pool, or exercise room so I can't comment on that. We stayed on the 3rd floor and had no issues with the elevator. Thankfully, the A/C worked terrific as it was a scorcher out!!

Room Tip: If I had a 'do-over' I would like to have a room on the first floor especially with a dog. S...
Strathmore, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed at this site when it first opened. It was very clean and fresh of course. After a few years it has already gone downhill a bit. Our room was on the West side of the building which has a very nice forest view along with some horses (the East side is the parking lot). The room had a stale moldy smell to it, with a hint of orange to cover it up. It was acceptable to sleep in, but you can tell the rooms have had there share of traffic through them. The kids would not swim in the nice looking pool as the water had a weird smell to it. After the party on the patio below us through the night we did get some sleep. The free breakfast was really good and organized. This was one of my favourite hotels in the area, I hope that management socks a few dollars away to freshen up the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the West side of the hotel, towards the South end on the third floor. The North end of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponderay
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
#6 of 6 in Sandpoint
La Quinta Inn Sandpoint
La Quinta Inn Sandpoint
#2 of 6 in Sandpoint

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North? Share your experiences!