“If It Were in my Budget, I'd Eat Tere Every Night”
Review of Fleur de Sel

Fleur de Sel
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Post Falls
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Couldn't find an internet site for the restaurant, but if you google, you will find fantastic reviews.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fleur de Sel is located in what used to be the club house at the Highlands Golf Course; it offers great views in addition to some of the best food available in North Idaho.

Fleur specializes in French nouvelle haute cuisine -- in contrast to cuisine classique. The food is light and delicate and emphasizes presentation. Fleur has improved on what food critics Henri Gault, André Gayot, and Christian Millau had in mind when they brought this style of cooking to the fore (if you'll pardon the golf pun/analogy).

My wife had received a gift card to Fleur de Sel, which she used for my birthday celebration (hmmm, wonder if I should be offended by her "regifting" what some else had given her?), and am I ever glad she did. As an entree, I had the barbecued lamb chops done in a spicy plum barbecue sauce. Out of this world. My wife had a shrimp dish that would have made Bubba Gump proud. From hors d'oeuvre to dessert, this was one of the best dinners ever, and on a par with anything on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris.

Beyond the hyperbolic descriptions of the food, everything from table settings to wait staff is way above the norm -- more akin to what you would find in New York or San Francisco. Prices are equal to these cities, as well.

I put Fleur on a par with or beyond any five-star dining one can find in Coeur d'Alene (Beverley's) or Spokane (Palm Court at the Davenport). If you have a special occasion you want to celebrate, I would recommend including Fleur de Sel in your plans.

2  Thank Gary S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This seems to have become one of the most popular restaurants in the Spokane/Coeur d' Alene area as it sits right between the two cities in Post Falls. The food and the hospitality of the wonderful owners, who make you feel like family, are the reasons.

The food and service continues to be some of the best you will find anywhere. We always try something new every time we come here. This time I tried the shrimp, avocado and caprese salad and it was fantastic. Then I blew my vow to only eat healthy by getting a side of their absolutely incredible, totally irresistible mac n' cheese with the truffle oil, SO INCREDIBLE! The best I have ever had and I try it everywhere. Please don't ever take it off the menu. It is too rich for an entrée so it is especially nice that they offer a side. Of course the other two at my table had to try it and once they took a taste it disappeared quickly so maybe I should have ordered it as an entrée. If there are 3 or more of you, and you want to share, order it as an extra entrée .

Reservations are a must here and be sure to make them early because, as I said, word has spread and they are busy every night. ( On second thought I probably shouldn't be writing this review). It can get a bit noisy but that is typical of restaurants today.

They have a nice full bar to service the restaurant, although not the focus, and if you like Cosmos they make a fantastic one.

We do miss the wonderful filet they used to offer but it will not stop me from coming back because there are so many good things on the menu. My friend had the pork cheeks and I will get them next time. I tried some and they just melt in your mouth.

Thank you to Laurent and Patricia for coming here from France and settling in our little part of the world and establishing such a wonderful place to eat. You have totally earned your success and the loyalty of your customers.

1  Thank Janis I
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is the best place fof a special occasion. The food is so elegant and the taste is hard to describe except it is just great just great. Really worht the search to find it

1  Thank patmcglo1
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was the second time we celebrated our anniversary at the Fleur de Sel, and once again we were not disappointed. The meal was excellent! My wife and I both had the Veal “Escalopine Viennoise". We complimented our dinner with a great French red wine.

Laurent and Patricia Zirotti have successfully established a well respected and frequented restaurant. The menu is great as is their wine list. The service is outstanding. When Patricia found out it was our anniversary, she graciously provided us with the desert of our choice...compliments of the house. Thank you once again Patricia. We are looking forward to celebrating our anniversary there again this year.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor. We didn't even know it existed, and we live very close. I was a little skeptical at first, because I had never heard anyone talk about it, but it was amazing! We went here for our Anniversary. My wife ordered the pork chops. I am not a fan of chops, but they were the best I had ever tasted! I ordered the lamb cheeks. I had never tried lamb cheeks before. They were so flavorful, and they just melted in your mouth. These guys are so customer service minded, and have excellent presentation of their food! The prices are very reasonable. I would even say they are under priced for what you get. The view is absolutely amazing! Especially, if you are there when the sun is setting. You can dress as fancy as you want, or go casual. Either way, you will feel right at home. I will definitely eat here more in the future! It is very recommended that you make reservations.

3  Thank PSinternational