“Be aware, no pets allowed!”
Review of Riverbend Inn

Riverbend Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The abbreviated web site descriptions of this motel fail to mention that this establishment does not want pets. And if you show up with a pet, because they are not mentioned anywhere in the blurb, the motel is extremely unfriendly, even if you agree that your pet can stay outside in your car. They make you feel like a criminal and impound (or pretend to impound) your credit card so that a 250 dollar charge can be made on your card if you dare bring your pet into your room.
The motel itself is a sorry affair. One could see it being used as the set for a CIA special rendition site for Arab nasties. Stained carpets, chipped wood, and a vaguely antiseptic smell pervade everywhere. It is clean, no bugs; but that seems to be the minimum bar they set for themselves.

Room Tip: pick another motel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2011

When I used to come this way a few years ago, I would stay at the Guest House a few miles away but their price has gone up.

I found out that some one else from our company had already checked the prices in town and found this one to be the best. Good enough for me.

No complaints at all on what they have. Do wish they had a larger parking lot. As long as it's not too busy there is room for a couple of trucks, but no real truck parking.

Room was clean and quiet, water was hot ... four bars of soap ??, shampoo, and a couple of other things. Not much for breakfast, but it did include hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, yogurt and a few other basics.

"The Cabin" across the street in an almost vacant outlet mall is the closest sit down food, Zips and Subway are both within a block.

The only place cheaper in town is the Motel 6, and as you can see from the pictures, these rooms are just a little bit bigger than those at the average 6.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

discovered significant amount of what appeared to be dried blood/vomit down side of mattress. carpets understandably aged but dirty. overlooking these issues are totally
inappropriate and a slap in the face to your customers, never mind a serious health
risk. I only noticed this at one in the morning or I would have left on the spot.

morning breakfast was ok but ran out at 9:00am and took some time to replenish.
breaker switch was tripped on microwave again. I overheard that it was a continual issue.
front desk good service, ironing board/iron made available, and extra towels as well.
checking in was good however I was so upset at leaving I said nothing to the clerk or
I may have lost it.
when I emailed "business development" about this matter I was told "sorry to hear of
your unfortunate circumstance, please write a review". ok no problem. instead of taking
care of this quickly and efficiently I am posting this review to let others know publicly.
hear again lack of attention to detail. over the years we have had generally good service.

To you its a tempest in a tea cup however to us it was an unwelcome surprise that has
now lost us as a future customer. Does anyone in your organization care enough to
give me a call? Probably not.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My friends and I always stay the night here when we go to a concert in Spokane. It's only minutes away and so much cheaper than staying in WA. It's your typical motel. The rooms are dated and nothing to write home about. The complimentary breakfast is mini bagels, toast and watered down juice. I've stayed here on numerous occasions and have never had a problem. It's very inexpensive and fine if you are just passing through.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Let me start off by saying that this place is very clean. The place looks recent however the styling is old. It felt as if the owner had purchased a bunch of old New stock furniture for the rooms because everything felt from the 80`s but looked new! The rooms and hotel were very clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice upon checkout and check in, however they did seem understaffed. The breakfast was included but consisted of sausage, hard boiled eggs and bagles. The rates were reasonable ($74 for 2 queens). The hotel lobby has the smeel of a cheap corner store however the rooms themselves are ok. We were driving thru town and would consider sleeping here again if I was in the area. There is no guest computer at this location. There is plenty of parking available!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2008

After driving all night, the women at the front desk was very nice but forgot one thing--that at 7am the roofers would be starting ABOVE OUR HEADS!!! In the morning, no one has been able to help us at all, telling us the manager is in Florida for 12 days. The other person in charge was in bed, sleeping!--we WERE sleeping!

The place is clean, has a nice hot tub, but the early wake up was uncalled for since we were not told and wiped out all good. We were planning on sleeping in since we have a big trip in front of us. The young women at the desk in the morning, just kept saying, the manager said she told everyone without regard to our response to being suddenly awoken by hammering above our head.

Also, the water is hard and it never feels like it rinses off. To me, it felt like the water had baby oil in it. It was a strange sensation. The continental breakfast is good, too. Not sure how this place would be without the roofers working...but customer service is not there forte.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 10 October 2007

The place was very clean. All the appliances and bathroom fixtures were of very good quality and in terrific shape. We were in a room with a new bed, and it was the most comfortable bed we had slept on for a long time. Customer service was competent and pleasant. Lots of parking. In every way, Riverbend Inn far exceeded my expectations, especially given the price. It's right next to a bunch of new outlets, which may be good or bad depending on your shopping preferences, but the area is very clean and safe. I would give this place an unqualified positive recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Post Falls
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
Quality Inn Valley Suites
Quality Inn Valley Suites
#9 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Riverbend Inn? Share your experiences!