“Good Value lodging”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Denver, Colorado
“Good Value lodging”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is an older property but the room and bath room and furnishings were clean. Linens are white. Things were quiet the night we stayed and overall the room compared favorably to name brand places, albeit for much less. Generally, my rating would be four stars but have to give them an extra star for being a no-pets place. To me a clean lodging is really clean if they are also not a kennel. My experience has been that many of the so-called 'pet-friendly' places are not able to keep pets limited to the assigned rooms. And since I don't care to sleep in the same bed that Lassie may have slept the night before, I have a bias in favor of no-pets lodgings.
That said, having arrived close to 2 AM coz of a delayed flight into Spokane, we were impressed by the friendly greeting of the night clerk, even that late. However, our five star experience up to that point was marred by a knock on the door by the house keeper at 8 AM, in disregard of our 'Do not Disturb' sign on our door. Later we were told that it was an 'accident' but I'm no dummy and took it for what it was. The posted check out time of Noon appears not to be for the last night, or the only night of anyone's stay. Stays in these categories may need be ending much sooner than Noon.for the housekeeper's convenience. So before that door knock my review had five stars for them and I'm knocking off one so the house keeper can get some encouragement to keep her 'accidents' to a minimum. Best, to eliminate them altogether.
My wife and I travel a lot and following are of imperial importance to us: white (and clean) linens, clean bath rooms, firm beds, no pets and a reasonable price. Add to this recipe that you can cancel till 6 pm the day of arrival and you have an unbeatable business model. That is the recipe which another company with 'Western' in their name adopted for a while until it propelled them from being an obscure company to a worldwide name.
So what do they do now? They strike their day of arrival cancellation and turn their properties into pet motels. So places. like Riverbend Inn , in my opinion, have the capacity, with a bit of remodeling and by adopting the business model ,-being abandoned by the successful companies- to move up to the openings at the top spots.
If you're coming late into Spokane and headed East, Riverbend Inn, off the 2nd exit in Idaho off I-90,is worthwhile the 20 minute drive for a stopover. And I'm hoping their housekeeper will not make a liar out of me..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OffSpinner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
victoria, BC
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Very handy location just off the I-90, but no outside noise that I could hear. It is an older property, management did what they could, and I think it offered very good value for what I paid for (Priceline). The bathroom is renovated and beds are clean, flat screen LCD Tv, free breakfast is adequate ( I had worse in higher ranked properties). I have no problem with front desk staff, checked in in less than 2 minutes, 1 staff handled myself and another guest together with no problem. The floors and walls are weak, and you can hear all the noise from above, if you want quiet, get an upstairs room and bring ear plugs (I always do because of noisy AC). The inn was very empty during my stay, other than foot steps from above, it was very quiet. For a one-nighter shower/bed/breakfast kind of stay I definitely will stay here again. If you want a pampered vacation long stay, look somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Idaho
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We got Riverbend Inn, Post Falls, Idaho, on an express deal on Priceline. It was a great price but I did get what I paid for. The staff at check in were pleasant. The room was cleaned even if was outdated, run down, and lacking in any kind of pleasantry. The Inn is at the bottom of a heavily traveled off ramp to two major truck stops. We were concerned since we were on the freeway side of the motel. Turns out, we didn't hear one truck! It was extremely quiet. The parking lot was not full so I doubt the motel was booked so maybe the lack of patrons made it a little more quiet. Nonetheless, we didn't hear the truck traffic or any other activity for that matter. I can see where the Riverbend would be a decent place for those really clutching their pennies or those in need of a bed and a shower and not much more. The TV reception was horrific on a small TV with a large protrusion from the backside that I'm sure weighed 50 lbs. We did not use the pool or hot tub. We paid $35 a night which is a heck of a buy in the area but will release some more pennies next time we book to avoid getting this place. I never thought myself a snob but maybe I am. Priceline gave it 2 stars. I notice the difference on Priceline from even 2 to 2 1/2 half stars can be significant. I will give it 2 stars because I equate a 1 star with something pretty terrible. This place wasn't terrible but it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michalita

Travellers are raving about these Post Falls hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Negatives:
My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights. We got it thru Priceline which is non-refundable, otherwise we would have left after the first night. We had loud neighbours next door banging on the wall late at night and we banged back to give them a sign to be quiet. At 7:30 am next morning the kids staying on the other side of our room started running and slamming doors, and my husband politely asked their mother to keep them quiet. In the evening we were confronted by the front desk lady and were told that we caused a disturbance in the hotel and "harassed" other guests. When my husband tried to reason with her and demanded a logical, intelligent explanation for this, the motel clerk got extremely mad and threatened to call the police!! We were actually told if we have any more problems with our neighbours who make noise, and we complain about it, we will be considered problematic guests and will therefore be asked to leave. Can you believe that??? Stay away from this hotel!!
Contributing to the problem is that the walls are relatively thin and you can easily hear your neighbors. Beds were also very hard and uncomfortable.
Through priceline this motel was erroneously considered a "Two Star", which it is definitely not. At best it's a one star.

Positives:
Room was very clean. Housekeeping did a good job and brought us, almost immediately,a microwave and refridgerator which we asked for. We tipped her.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria B
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The front desk people were EXTREMELY rude! Don't go sit in the hot tub with your friends because they will come in and tell you to "shut up, you're being too loud and I can hear you at the front desk" never mind that the door was shut, the jets were on so we couldn't hear each other unless we raised our voices, and the front desk was only 20 feet down the hall. As far as the rooms, the beds were so hard we didn't sleep the first night, the second night we ran to the local Walmart and purchased a memory foam pad for the bed, it made it tolerable. The sheets had "spots" on them which WERE NOT from us, and the box springs had some sort of stains on both beds. For some reason our friends room had a microwave and mini fridge but ours didn't and we paid the same price. The hallway ALWAYS stunk but when we complained we got a different excuse every time. "No Pets" yet there was a dog barking on the first floor. "Secure Building @ 10:00pm" but when we got back to the motel at 11:30pm the
door at the far end of the building was unlocked and stayed unlocked all night. In short, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! It is obvious these people don't care about their guests.... We will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Smjbcrowl
Willmar
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is a very nice motel at very great price (we had a coupon for $60 some) and seemed to be cheaper than Couer d' Lane. It has great location being close to I-90 and plenty of parking for big vehicles (two truck stops nearby, one is across the street). The rooms are nice and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast is very good (one of the best you'll find) and has ample seating for guests. We thought the staff was very friendly! We found restaurants and other conveniences within 10 mins as well as few bars/lounges within a few mins.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was there with my family (3 rooms) on August 3, 2012. The internet was terrible (unsecure) and the front desk kept saying they couldn't do anything about it. The breakfast was free but mediocre (toast, hard boiled eggs, pancakes, sausage patties, yogurt). Could have offered some fruit, other than juice. Rooms were fair. Not worth the price we had to pay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
BEST WESTERN PLUS Coeur d'Alene Inn
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Riverbend Inn? Share your experiences!