“Fairly Priced”
Review of Riverbend Inn

Riverbend Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My friends and I always stay the night here when we go to a concert in Spokane. It's only minutes away and so much cheaper than staying in WA. It's your typical motel. The rooms are dated and nothing to write home about. The complimentary breakfast is mini bagels, toast and watered down juice. I've stayed here on numerous occasions and have never had a problem. It's very inexpensive and fine if you are just passing through.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2009

Let me start off by saying that this place is very clean. The place looks recent however the styling is old. It felt as if the owner had purchased a bunch of old New stock furniture for the rooms because everything felt from the 80`s but looked new! The rooms and hotel were very clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice upon checkout and check in, however they did seem understaffed. The breakfast was included but consisted of sausage, hard boiled eggs and bagles. The rates were reasonable ($74 for 2 queens). The hotel lobby has the smeel of a cheap corner store however the rooms themselves are ok. We were driving thru town and would consider sleeping here again if I was in the area. There is no guest computer at this location. There is plenty of parking available!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2008

After driving all night, the women at the front desk was very nice but forgot one thing--that at 7am the roofers would be starting ABOVE OUR HEADS!!! In the morning, no one has been able to help us at all, telling us the manager is in Florida for 12 days. The other person in charge was in bed, sleeping!--we WERE sleeping!

The place is clean, has a nice hot tub, but the early wake up was uncalled for since we were not told and wiped out all good. We were planning on sleeping in since we have a big trip in front of us. The young women at the desk in the morning, just kept saying, the manager said she told everyone without regard to our response to being suddenly awoken by hammering above our head.

Also, the water is hard and it never feels like it rinses off. To me, it felt like the water had baby oil in it. It was a strange sensation. The continental breakfast is good, too. Not sure how this place would be without the roofers working...but customer service is not there forte.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 10 October 2007

The place was very clean. All the appliances and bathroom fixtures were of very good quality and in terrific shape. We were in a room with a new bed, and it was the most comfortable bed we had slept on for a long time. Customer service was competent and pleasant. Lots of parking. In every way, Riverbend Inn far exceeded my expectations, especially given the price. It's right next to a bunch of new outlets, which may be good or bad depending on your shopping preferences, but the area is very clean and safe. I would give this place an unqualified positive recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Spokane Valley, WA.
Reviewed 1 January 2006

My neighbors, husband and I had planned on staying the night at the RiverBend Inn after a night at "Big Al's" New Years Eve party. Price was good, rooms clean,but the party from other guest continued. We called the front desk and complained, neighbor who's room was right across from us had gone down to complain. The other guest were SO LOUD, that they were out of control. Not to mention there was ONLY 1 person on staff and that was a female. There was no way she could have handled this all on her own. My husband and I finally had our fill and packed up and left at 3:30 a.m. very tired, FRUSTRATED all the front desk clerk could say was sorry. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Sammamish, WA
Reviewed 16 August 2004

Our stay at the Riverbend Inn was ok it was what happened after we left the hotel that has left us upset. We arrived home and received our credit card statement and there appeared two charges from the Riverbend Inn. The original room charge, which we signed for, and an additional $50.00 charge, which we were unaware of. (Shouldn't they have contacted us and let us know they were charging us $50.00 and given us the reason?) Anyway, after calling several times, we finally got an answer that this charge was for the Big Black Dog that was spotted in our room, and black dog hair was found all over our room. I laughed, and realized this was just a terrible mistake because we do not own a dog, nor did we even see a dog in the hotel during our trip. The desk clerk, reassured me that the maid saw me with this dog and that we had signed something when we arrived saying that we would not have pets in their hotel, therefore the $50.00 charge. I explained once again, that we do not have a dog and that my 5-year-old daughter is terrified of dogs, and that I wanted this charge removed immediately. The clerk said that she was not authorized to do this and that I would have to contact the general manager the following Monday morning. I was very frustrated, but figured that the general manager would help me work out this mistake. I phoned the general manager on Monday, and she confirmed the report of a dog and the dog hair in our room. I once again explained the terrible mistake on their part and she told me that people say that all of the time and then later they confess to actually having a pet in their room. I felt as if I was just accused of lying and this upset me. I told her again, that we did not have a dog, and that I wanted the charge removed immediately. She finally told me she would credit us back the money. No apology, No nothing. Needless to say, we will not be back!

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene
FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene
#14 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
River Cove Elegant Waterfront B&B

Been to Riverbend Inn? Share your experiences!