“Great breakfast!”

Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had another great stay. I have stayed at five red lions now and love them all. This one was no exception. Kate at the front desk was very helpful. The roaring start at this red lion was the best we have had yet as we were able to order off the menu. We had French toast and a spicy skillet and they were fantastic! Would definitely recommend the breakfast as this red lion!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and that our breakfast topped it all. Please come back and visit us soon. We appreciate you and your time to provide such great feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Wow. Where to begin? When we first checked in, we had to switch rooms right away. Dirty kleenex in the sheets and on the floor. The second room was ok. Still had garbage under the beds. The fan in the bathroom was broken so smoke alarm went off when someone would shower. The toilet looked like it had never been cleaned. Never will stay there again. Blah!

2  Thank MBHRS
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. I apologize for the issues you had, as that is not what we expect our guest experience to be. I would also like to apologize for the condition of your room and that you were moved to a different room.
Thank you very much for your feedback, we will most certainly look into your issue with our housekeeping department. We look forward to providing you excellent service as a valued guest.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff were rude, one maintenance worker called my son stupid for not working the hand dispenser fast enough, didn't seem to like kids in this hotel. The rooms were not clean, we booked three rooms, all not clean. Our room had moldy coffee floating in coffee pot, I had to leave notes to clean tub, stock toilet paper, Kleenex and coffee ect.. My son had bled on his bed spread, I stripped it to indicate a change she just re made with filthy sheets and spread, I again had to call and ask for a change at their convience. The fridge had food from the last guest still sitting inside as well as syrup spilled all over which I also cleaned and discarded. We stayed six nights everyday I was either cleaning or picking up trash left or calling for toilet paper or rinsing and washing coffee pots, happened in all three rooms... I would spend my cash and stay at the best western where one of our party's stayed, they had free cont breakfast, this hotel charges 10.00 for the same free breakfast 10 minutes away, her room was clean and staff were amazing. Leaving disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rats330
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the poor experience we caused you during your recent visit. The multiple issues we caused are not acceptable and will be addressed accordingly with our team. We take each guest concern very serious and strive to improve in every detail. We would like to invite you back so we can prove our guest service is among the best in the area. If you are interested in giving us another chance, at your convenience, please contact the hotel directly and ask for the manager on duty. We will be happy to discuss future arrangements. Thank you for your time and honest feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Where to begin...even after all the mixed reviews we chose this location because it was one of the few locations close by that offered a romance package. And since this was a romantic getaway for our anniversary and we rarely do anything romantic, I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. Prior to making the online reservations, I called the hotel directly because I had some questions regarding the room description. We wanted a king room with a jetted tub, one descrition online said a delux jetted tub and for another room it just said jetted tub, I wanted to know what the difference was between the two. One did indicate a river view in the online description, the other none was mentioned. One with the view was 291 sq ft and the other 540 sq ft or something like that. So when I spoke with the front desk at the hotel, she said they had three rooms with a jetted tub, all were the same, all had the river view. I also asked if the still had vacancy for the night we were planning on coming and she checked and said all the jetted tub rooms were taken. Still a little confused because online through Red Lion it was indicating they still had at least one available. So my husband I decided to go for it and see if it would let us make the reservations online...it would along with the 540 sq ft room with King & delux jetted tub suite and we added the romance package. All is well we have a confirmation number and we are set to go. In addition we wanted to take the sunday brunch cruise on the river through the same resort, I called the hotel again, made the reservations with the same person I had already spoke with about the jetted tub, she messed up my credit card number so the card wouldn't go through, finally got that sorted out and gave her all the info requested, I was told my tickets for the cruise would be will call at the hotel. When we arrived to pick up the tickets, they couldn't find it because she had written the incorrect last name on the ticket envelope. How she messed that up I have no clue. She had my name from the credit card info she had collected. Got that sorted out,asked if by chance our room was ready yet, which I would of totally have been surprised if it had since we were way early, and it wasn't and that was totally fine. Went on a nice two hour brunch cruise....and checked to see if the room was ready upon our return and it was. Cool, we get to get settled in a little earlier than expected. It's a farely large complex and the person checking us in gives us a map to show us how to find our room. As it turns out, our room was the very last one at the opposite end. Far from the resturant, lounge, pool and spa.. we get to our room, no river view or romance package which included a bottle of bubbly, keepsake glasses, chocolates and breakfast vouchers. I called the front desk and asked when we might expect it and same gal I'd talked to before said "oh I didn't realize you had a romance package, someone will bring it right down." Right down meant much later I guess, we gave up and went to dinner and we came back all was there but the breakfast vouchers which I had to ask at the front desk for, she gave me the wrong ones, asked again, got the right ones. At check I asked more questions and learned that they actually have four rooms with a jetted tub...but only one with a delux jetted tub which is the bigger room with no river view. Room was clean and comfortable, the chocolates turned out to be a beautiful plate of chocolate covered strawberries with whipped cream, blueberries, huge raspberries and yogurt chips. Other than the help at front desk was a little unorganized, the room was great and we made the best of our romatic getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank harley712
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I booked river view room and came all the way from Seattle got really disappointed when checked in my kids were so excited and it turned into a hopeless stay. I worked for Hilton as executive chef and this not what I was I expecting. Will never recommend to anyone. I wish if the GM of this hotel can email me or something.

2  Thank kitchenseattle
Brian E, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us in regards to your recent visit. We apologize for not delivering the service we strive to provide to each guest. Your feedback is very important to us and we truly want to improve based on what our guests are telling us. We would like to hear in more detail the opportunities you experienced so we can address them accordingly. At your convenience, please contact the hotel directly and ask for the manager on duty. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Quiet rooms for such a busy hotel. Service is efficient and friendly and very eager to please.
Pool was busy but well enjoyed.
Easy to find and a convenient location for local shopping and attractions.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed two nights while visiting Silverwood which is only 30 minutes away. The staff was friendly and very helpful.We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and were delighted that our two teenagers ate for free (17 & under). The room was nice and the beds comfortable.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Red Lion Templin's Hotel on the River for your getaway. We appreciate you and thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing.

Best Regards,

SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River? Share your experiences!