I got married at this hotel 5 years ago. The wedding itself was beautiful and my guests had a wonderful time but dealing with the hotel was a nightmare. I could hardly get the wedding/event coordinator to return a call or email, they raised prices on the food/wine a week before my ceremony, they made me rent chairs the week of my wedding after telling me I didn't have to. Needless to say we went well above budget because of them. The staff at the reception helped themselves to my hosted wine, threw away my left over cupcakes, didn't give the wedding party any of the left over food, which we spent thousands on. They lost gifts that were turned into the front desk (returned to my husband and I 6 months later), misplaced my custom Champaign glasses and didn't set aside any rooms for my husband or guests after the discussion took place and they committed to xx amount of rooms. Which after threatening to go to corporate they conveniently came up with 13 rooms for the wedding party and guest and tried to charge us $20/room more then what their website was advertising!
Once the events was finished, I was much to upset to not say anything to corporate. I wrote a very nice letter, emailed and mailed copies to corporate Red Lion and NEVER got a response from anyone. It took 5 years for my husband and I to return for a nights stay. I booked the hotel room on bookings.com, received my confirmation and we were set! When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist demanded ID and a credit card. After processing the room, she rudely announced that we were bumped from our river view king suite to a room with no view and two queen beds. Astonished that this kind of service would happen again, we declined the room and took our business elsewhere. I don't see us staying at this location of the Red Lion franchise ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Lion Templin's Hotel on the River is located directly on the Spokane River is nestled among the majestic mountains surrounding the quaint city of Post Falls, Idaho. Our hotel is a short 10 minute drive from Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. Our 163 guest rooms and suites feature king or queen beds and all the comforts of home including Red Lion's signature Sealy pillowtop beds, Eco Fresh Environmentally Responsible Products (ERP), complimentary wi-fi, coffee makers, irons and hairdryers. Resort amenities include a fitness center and indoor pool, tennis and volleyball courts, a private beach and unlimited mountain and river views. For full service dining with unsurpassed river views guests can enjoy sumptuous breakfast, lunch and dinner choices. Our guests can also choose the new signature Roaring Start Breakfast Buffet served daily at Mallards Restaurant. Mallards Lounge features flat screen viewing for your favorite sports or entertainment. Templin's Marina thrives as a scenic and exciting community with an identity tied to boats. 176 Covered boat slips lay just feet from Templin's River Grill. Enjoy live music and a huckleberry barbeque buffet every Thursday evening 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. June through Labor Day. Cruise the Spokane River on a pontoon boat available for rent by the hour, half day or full day at our full-service marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Templin`s Hotel Post Falls
- Red Lion Templins Hotel
- Red Lion Post Falls
- Post Falls Red Lion
- Red Lion Templin’s Hotel On The River Post Falls, Idaho