“clean & good value”

Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel is clean, well maintained and has a nice view from the riverfront rooms. Staff is courteous, and although the food is very good, restaurant service could be improved. I have stayed there twice and one of the things I like is the location of the hotel, off a quiet street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed out accommodations with the room and breakfast. Guest service is of coarse our top priority, so please know we will take your feedback with service in the restaurant very serious. We love to take an opportunity and turn it in to a strength! We look forward to your next visit with Red Lion Hotels.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a cozy room and a restful night in this hotel. We loved the location--away from the freeway and traffic. Nicely decorated and clean. The staff was very accommodating. Could not have been better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for visiting us, we appreciate your business. We are looking forward to seeing again!

Best Regards,

Red Lion Templin's Team

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were on our annual Christmas shopping trip and choose this hotel for its convenient location. The staff were friendly, the room was warm and clean and inviting and the food we had at breakfast was good.
I have stayed here before but this was the first time I had brought my sister and mom along and both were as happy as I was with our stay.
We will be back next year to shop again and stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We want to thank you so much for your great feedback and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I got married at this hotel 5 years ago. The wedding itself was beautiful and my guests had a wonderful time but dealing with the hotel was a nightmare. I could hardly get the wedding/event coordinator to return a call or email, they raised prices on the food/wine a week before my ceremony, they made me rent chairs the week of my wedding after telling me I didn't have to. Needless to say we went well above budget because of them. The staff at the reception helped themselves to my hosted wine, threw away my left over cupcakes, didn't give the wedding party any of the left over food, which we spent thousands on. They lost gifts that were turned into the front desk (returned to my husband and I 6 months later), misplaced my custom Champaign glasses and didn't set aside any rooms for my husband or guests after the discussion took place and they committed to xx amount of rooms. Which after threatening to go to corporate they conveniently came up with 13 rooms for the wedding party and guest and tried to charge us $20/room more then what their website was advertising!

Once the events was finished, I was much to upset to not say anything to corporate. I wrote a very nice letter, emailed and mailed copies to corporate Red Lion and NEVER got a response from anyone. It took 5 years for my husband and I to return for a nights stay. I booked the hotel room on bookings.com, received my confirmation and we were set! When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist demanded ID and a credit card. After processing the room, she rudely announced that we were bumped from our river view king suite to a room with no view and two queen beds. Astonished that this kind of service would happen again, we declined the room and took our business elsewhere. I don't see us staying at this location of the Red Lion franchise ever again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lyndsey H
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We apologize your experiences with us continue to be very unpleasant. We are very appreciative you gave us a second chance after the poor wedding services we provided 5 years ago. We are continuing to learn from past and current mistakes to improve the little details that make a big difference to our guests. Due to the level of issues you have experienced with us we would like to speak to you in more detail. At your convenience please contact the hotel directly and ask for the front office manager. We would like to resolve this to our best ability and provide in return what you deserve.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were unable to find a vacancy in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, so we made a reservation at this "resort". The grounds, lobby and restaurant area were very attractive, however, the exterior of the hotel needs maintenance badly. Our room had a lovely view of the river and was clean and comfortable. There was a very noisy family staying in the room through a connecting door. We could hear every word said, slaming doors, crying children, etc. This continued until after midnight. The balcony had rotten wood, rusty nails and peeling paint. Overall, I don't believe that the facilities warrant what they are charging for rooms. I would recommend proceeding on to west Spokane where there is a beautiiful new Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BOC68
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was very disappointed with our stay at this hotel. They call it a resort..... I guess if you've lived in a cave for most of your life it may be a resort. The outdated buildings are in dire need of renovation. The hot tub was cold for the duration of our stay. We did see a maintenance person ( who looked like he may live in a van by the river) try and fix it. Besides being cold the hot tub and pool had a nice film of scum around the water line suggesting that they rarely clean them. The lounge was bland at best.... The bartender mentioned they no longer have live bands playing at this hotel. They really need to change their website to read "tired run down hotel that is really not worth the money". My recommendation is stay somewhere else! Don't waste your money and time!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dbarnes47

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding the experience you had at our property. We value your opinion and are working hard to improve the service and amenities we offer. It is our priority to listen to our guests and take action on what will make each guest happy. We hope you will consider us again in the future for your lodging needs. Every day we continue to improve and are excited to share this with each guest.

Best Regards,

Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 September 2013

In hindsight we were very lucky to get a room anywhere near Coeur D'Alene the night we staying at this Red Lion. Boat races. I depended on Trip Advisor to find it. This hotel is in a residential neighborhood. If we hadn't had navigation on our car I think it might be hard to find. There is a really great view of the river on the back side of the hotel. We were on the ground floor, so we had to walk out on the grass to see the river. Ask for a second or third floor if the view is important to you. Their first floor is actually like a walk-out basement. You have to go down one floor from the lobby to get to the "first" floor. The halls are quite dark; not very well lit. We were very disappointed until we got to our room. Though the halls need a facelift the rooms are very nice. Quite spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good, though you have to pay an extra charge for your room if you're going to eat breakfast. Overall, not a bad place to stay. A little expensive. I'd have given it a "very good" rating, but not for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River? Share your experiences!