Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River
Sleep Inn(Post Falls)(Great Value!)
US$96
Ida-Home B&B(Post Falls)(Great Value!)
US$143
Riverbend Inn(Post Falls)
US$79
Priceline
US$157
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$183
Hotwire.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$183
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
All reviewsthe ground floorprivate beachhotel restaurantnice roomsilverwood theme parkindoor poolscrambled eggsmarinaconferencespokanedoggrasspet
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a room for $125/night...discounted. When I asked if we could get a 'view' room (simply meaning not facing the parking lot), I was told those were more expensive rooms. Wow.

We got a room overlooking the parking lot with a window that opened about 6 inches (a safety thing, I'm sure). The room was stuffy and the curtains covered the only fresh air we could get. When I checked out, I gave the front-desk staff a maintenance list - including a cracked sink, burnt-out light bulb, non-working bathroom fan, and peeling wallpaper. These are not update issues as many have accurately reviewed. They are routine maintenance that give your guests the illusion of getting their money's worth.

We utilized the pool, which was hot and muggy for those sitting on the sidelines. We also checked out the 'beach' - that's a stretch. We did not patronize the restaurant or the outdoor BBQ as there were 4 of us and $20/person was a bit too extreme for us.

The hotel was clean, with the exception of our bathroom mirror that still had a steam-written message from a previous customer. I left my mark, too (scrolled the date for the next customer to enjoy).

I was a Red Lion Hotel fan. Not anymore. This is now my second poor experience with them (after many good ones). This one being the worst. I could have stayed at a 'lesser' hotel for less and received the same.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the multiple maintenance opportunities you found in your room. Based on our guests feedback and routine maintenance we are working hard improve and upgrade our property and in room fixtures. We certainly do not want to lose you as a loyal guest and would like to invite you back. Please contact our Front Office Manager if you choose to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolute disappointment --- typically Red Lion hotels are very solid hotels that use excellent service to make up for some of the dated properties. Not so at Templins. The hotel is dated but serviceable and clean. First impression: not great but it will be fine.

Dinner was a disaster. The service was kind and well intentioned but truly unprofessional. Seat yourself and then look at each other for 5-7 mins. waiting for acknowledgement and menus. Nothing written down; nothing remembered; dinner took almost two hours for one pasta, two baked potatoes, and a trout filet. Food was warm at best and terribly forgettable. During this period we asked how late the pool would be opened and we were told 11PM. We worked through dinner patiently and then ran back to the room to change and hit the pool only to be met at the door by a maintenance person who said "no" the pool closed at 10PM. My wife was livid and went to the front desk. The desk person apologized and reopened the pool for an hour to the obvious displeasure of the maintenance personnel. Our twin daughters were playing in the pool and at 10:56PM when a maintenance man walks in an declares the pool CLOSED. We had our girls get out of the pool and we cleared out of the pool area only to have maintenance "professional" confront us with the the fact that we were wrong and never should have been allowed back in the pool. We called down to the front desk to express our frustration and spoke with another employee who was absolutely snarky; asking us if we had email and directing us to send in our comments via the feedback survey "if we really had a problem". Absolutely infuriating and certainly made it worthwhile to write this review. Bottom line: unimpressive hotel with TERRIBLE service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...terrible experience with poorly trained staff.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank toddl773
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for providing honest feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry we failed to provide professional service and a comfortable visit for you. I have met with the management team regarding your experiences and discussed a plan on how we can make sure this does not happen again. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you are interested in giving us another opportunity to provide you a much better visit, please contact the manager on duty so we can make arrangements for a future visit. We appreciate your time and loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My complaints are sort of minor compared to some terrible hotels, so keep that in mind. You can definitely tell this hotel has been here a while, because it hasn't been updated or deep-cleaned in years. Our room smelled like a dog urinated on the carpet and it was never properly cleaned - disgusting. Besides the smell, my other biggest complaint was that our room wall was by the stairs and door to outside, so starting at 5:30-6am every morning we had people going up and down the stairs and SLAMMING the door which shook our walls, so woke us up real early in a very grumpy mood. Not happy. We had the A/C running on high on the lowest temp the whole time we were here (3 nights) and it hardly cooled down - the temp outside was only in the 70s. The bath towels aren't nearly long enough to wrap around you, so almost needed 2 towels to dry off. I really hated that there was an outside and inside entrance to this hotel, made me nervous security-wise. The hot tub was EXTREMELY hot, scolding hot, to where we were in there for a few minutes and our skin was bright red like it was sunburned. Not enjoyable. :-( I will say the Housekeeping staff did a nice job of getting in and cleaning the room, even if we didn't leave until around noon or so, so that was appreciated since some hotels will only clean it if you're out in the AM when they walk by. It was also nice to have a fridge in the room, since a lot of rooms don't do that unless you're in a suite. Not very friendly staff when checked in.
Overall, not a horrible place to stay, but I would probably not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room sharing a wall with the stairs/outside doors - SO LOUD and terrible! If you don't want a room with an outside entrance (security), then request a room on third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RiderChic24
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write how your visit with us went. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry you experienced so much disturbance from noises in the halls, poor service at check-in, not feeling secure and not feeling comfortable in your room due to the air conditioning. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We would love to make it up to you and show that Red Lion Templin's wants to make sure every guest stays comfortable. Should you decide to visit us again, please contact the hotel directly so we can discuss the best accommodations we have, in a quiet area. I will bring your concerns to our staff so we can continue to improve. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The staff were very friendly and attentive, great customer service. Rooms were a B+, not posh, i.e. gaps in the doors leading to the outside, older amenities, but clean and comfortable. Although rained the 3 days I was there, the hotel has a marina at the base of the hill and in the summer could be considered a great vacation spot with a view of the water and mountains behind it.

I would recommend this hotel for business or vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are excited your recent visit with us went so well. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to our staff. We all work very hard to ensure we provide the best service to our guests and impress people such as yourself. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

For $80, plus tax, so $102, it was ok. Staff was super nice, the room seemed clean, beds and pillows were decent. Shower was clean and hot with nice soap/shampoo. Being a little critical, the exterior maintenance was lacking, such as soffit hanging loose, moss on the roofs and door jambs, nails popping from the siding. Nothing that impacted my stay, but it is always a reflection of the overall operation, which makes you question....is my bed really clean? The air conditioning in the room had duct tape holding the control door on and the controls did not function properly, but we seemed to stay relatively comfortable. The TV remote was old and worked intermittently. I did not notify anyone since we were exhausted and got in late, we just wanted to sleep. Mission accomplished. I would consider it again, but not my first choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MoeFlatlander
RedLionTemplins, Manager at Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We are so happy to hear your visit with us went well. Our hotel is known for great service and a comfortable experience. Please know your concerns regarding the exterior condition is an opportunity we are improving so our guests sense of arrival can be a memorable once.