“One Scary Place”
Review of Sleep Inn

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We called ahead for a room as my sobn and I were traveling back home to Washington. We checked into our room the lobby seemed ok.
We went to the room we were assigned. Upon my son opening the door we noticed an extremely stron odor. It smelled like someone had taken part in some very toxic activity.
We immediately went to the fron desk. The lady working acted as though she was on drugs....classic Meth look. Eyes dialated couldn't hold her jaw straight. At any rate she assigns us another room. We go to that room and my son opens the door and the smell coming from that room was even worse. Not only that there was a big fat guy in the room. My son immediately shut the door and we went back to the fron desk. I told the lady the room was occupied and I needed to get a credit as we would not be staying with them. I am still waiting for the credit for my room which they insisted I would see within 5 days.
I wouldn't stay at this place...I wouldn't let my DOG stay at this place. I think they have some serious drug use issues. It smelled like a METH house! I forgot to tell you the couple next door to the first room had their door propped open....They were laying on the bed with the door wide open. I thought that was strange. Probably the odor coming form the first room we were assigfned. My advice3 stay at Templins. I have stayed there many years and it is a great consistant place! Sleep Inn Hotels you have some work to do at this place. I made ccertain and let my Sister who is on the Spokane Tourism Board know about my incident at this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sydnjakesmom
PostFallsSleepInn, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I'm sorry about your experience. As you can see from our other reviews, we prioritize our guests' experience at the Sleep Inn. What you experienced I can assure you is not the norm. We only hire mature responsible people. I personally will look into this.
We hope you'll give us another chance,

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Called at 6 AM Saturday, “Your vehicle has been broken in” …. To find two suitcases filled with clothes for our 50th Wed. Ann. cruise in Seattle, WA stolen after thieves broke out the rear hatch window. There was glass all over the ground, and inside the car. This being the Memorial Day Weekend, repairs could not be started till Tuesday.
It took several hours to clean up the mess and install plastic garbage liners to seal the back window. Also, the vehicle next to ours was also damaged by the thieves popping the side window. All this happened on the West side of the motel and under Hi-intensity lights.
The Sleep Inn motel manager Corie compensated our room for two nights while we had to wait to get repairs. All personnel of the motel were extremely kind and compassionate and said this has only happened one other time in ten years. I would like to commend Sujeir Sandu, owner of this motel for selecting and keeping such fine staff.

Room Tip: Park your car close to the office.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henrygonder
PostFallsSleepInn, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Once again, thank you for allowing us to meet your lodging needs and we apologize profusely for the incident that occurred. We have taken this very seriously and have recently installed cameras in the parking lot last week that should deter such incidents from taking place again. We hope to see you again next time you are this way.
Best regards,
Sleep Inn of Post Falls

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights of a two week road trip in the Western States. The staff was great and very friendly and helpful. We checked in early afternoon so the kids could go swimming. The pool was clean and the area well kept. It was however over chlorinated so much that after only a few minutes the kids began coughing so much they had to take a break for fresh air outside the pool. The rooms were clean and exactly as expected in furnishings. A couple of the fixtures needed updating such as the tp holding, which fell off the wall during the stay. In the morning, we enjoyed a standard continental breakfast. It was nothing special, just the cereal, waffles, etc. that all Choice Hotels provide. The attendant was very friendly and helpful. During our day out, we expected the beds to be made and room attended to. However, when we returned only one of the beds was made. The other had a note on it saying that because a personal item was left on the bed they did not make it. The only thing on the bed was a closed book. Following our day out at Silverwood, my niece wanted some vinegar to help with her sunburn. When we asked the front desk for directions to the store, they offered a full gallon they had in the back. They told us to use what we wanted and return the rest. We appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at this location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We often stay at this clean, handy hotel located just off the I-90 freeway in north Idaho. It's the perfect stop for us enroute from southern Oregon to visit friends in western Montana. Rooms are small but very clean and comfortable, well-designed space with large shower stall. New beds, bedding and flat screen TV's are recent upgrades. Rates extremely reasonable compared to other hotels of similar convenient location. Staff very friendly, complimentary breakfast standard fare, but fine. And they are pet friendly with end rooms best for easy access to grassy walking area. Also, although the freeway is very near, the rooms are quiet. Even with window open for fresh air we weren't disturbed by traffic noise. We are frequent, satisfied guests.

Room Tip: Rooms on end handy with pets; rooms at back quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback and for allowing us to meet your lodging needs. We always love feedback such as this letting us know we're moving in the right direction. We're glad you're noticing the property improvements we've put into place during the last year. We wanted to have more changes made, but with the summer rush, we'll have to wait till September before we can start more deep renovations.
Look forwards to seeing you soon,

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Last minute reservation able to get room on ground floor. Clean, smaller rooms, comfy beds, shower, no frig or microwave but available if requested. Amazed with the courtesy & professionalism of young man at the desk. 3 bus loads of teens and he was calm dealing with all their needs/requests. Pool and hot tub. Steep driveway - bus got stuck. Good price without Military discount which Made room extremely affordable

• Stayed: May 2013
Lydia C, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your comment we appreciate it very much. Charlie our guest service agent is good at what he does and we always hear great things about him.
Roxanne Rash, Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Great stay, clean hotel, very friendly staff. The only disappointment were the beds...our room was a double and the beds seemed small and a little too firm. However, the room was very clean. No bathtub, but very big shower stall. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact, one evening my husband and I had just returned from a day out, and when we got to our room we noticed someone placed the Do Not Disturb sign on our door. (We are assuming it was a group of kids that were staying on the same floor) A housekeeper overheard my husband say that we didn't put it there, and she came over and asked if we needed anything. She didn't have to check on us, but she did since our room did not get serviced that day. That was greatly appreciated. Breakfast was also good. Typical choices, but good. They had bread, bagels, small muffins, cereal, milk, juices, yogurt, apples, bananas, regular and blueberry pancakes, coffee, and tea. The woman running the breakfast bar was also very kind, and attentive. She kept everything well stocked and also helped the kids that were eating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Lydia C, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your comment, we really appreciate the feed back and I made sure the housekeeper was rewarded for a deed well done. Thank you again and we will be looking forward to your stay.
Roxanne Rash, Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed here one night on our trip across country. It was extremely nice & very clean. It looked like it had been recently updated. The room was spacious & very comfortable. Great lighting- we like to read. It had a large flat screen TV & a nice bathroom. The staff was pleasant. They offer a breakfast in the morning with a good selection to choose from. This definitely deserves more than a 2 star rating! I would give it a 4. IThere is a small pool, but we did not use it. The price was extremely reasonable for the quality. It is very close to I90, so that was convenient. I would return here in a heart beat!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!