“Son was way sad”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Boise, Idaho
“Son was way sad”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I can give this place top ratings most all the time. This last visit was a disappointment for my son who came with me to drop his sister off at BYU-I. He loves to swim and play in the pool and hot tub. The Hot Tub was broken and the pool was colder than it has ever been. I hope this was just a one time thing. I really like staying there as long as the upkeep is kept.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Being on a two-month assignment in Rexburg, I stayed almost two-dozen nights at the SpringHill Suites. Very comfortable. Great breakfast every morning. I used the exercise room every day. Very nice equipment. Grandkids stayed with me a couple of the nights and loved the indoor pool. Marriott keeps their places clean! Easy access from the hi-way. Easy access to BYU-Idaho. I highly recommend Marriott SpringHill Suites.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side have a nice view of the Rexburg Temple.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Seoul
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Beautiful decor, friendly helpful staff, great breakfast, great housekeeping. But the sofa bed would have been hilarious if I hadn't wanted to actually sleep on it. Seriously, I wouldn't put a 30 pound toddler on it. And no rollaways. Lucky I had my air mattress....

1 Thank kkjinde
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were very pleased with the SpringHill Suites in Rexburg. We drove to Rexburg to check out BYU Idaho, and were very happy with our choice of the SpringHill Suites. The location was conveniently close to the freeway. The desk clerks were friendly, and had maps, which they were quick to share of the area, and BYU Idaho campus. I had read someone else's review where they mentioned a concern with the frosted glass doors of the separate bathroom and shower areas. I had my husband go in the room, and I couldn't see anything, unless he was right on the door (he was waving) so I'm not sure know why the other person listed it as an issue. The room was spacious, and comfortable. My husband enjoyed the living room/desk area, The beds were very comfortable. The pool and hot tub was popular on the night we stayed, but there was room for all. The breakfast is the morning, remained well stocked, and was good. There were plenty of options to choose from. I had booked a hotel in Idaho Falls as well, as I wanted to see which would be a better choice for future visits over the next few years. I think we found a winner here.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel appeared very new and well taken care of. I appreciated the ease of finding it, as I could see it from the highway. The location was not far from our destination, BYU, Idaho. Service was very friendly, however, I was a bit disappointed that I was not allowed to charge a tip for the maid staff to my credit card. I had forgotten to bring cash and was still hoping to leave a gratuity. I requested to write a small check in order to do so ( under $20) and was denied that request as well. Other than that this was a very positive stay and I would definitely book here again!

Stayed April 2014
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We always appreciate reading a review or hearing a comment like “this hotel must be new.” Thank you! Our maintenance work hard to keep the hotel looking good. We are 4.5 years old. I’ll be sure to compliment them again on their work as well as other staff members. Unfortunately we do not accept tips via credit card. Please contact me, if you would like, and I’ll take care of the housekeeper with a tip on your behalf. We are delighted to serve.

Joseph Sybrowsky
SLC
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I hadn't been to Rexburg in years and was pleasantly surprised at the addition of this hotel. It's fresh and modern. They could have done with a little extra insulation to keep the noise down in the guest rooms, but the rooms are larger than most hotel rooms and well appointed. Good freeway access and there are several restaurants within a block or two. Breakfast was average. Hotel staff were great: quick check in, clean rooms. What more could you ask for in a small town?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. Rexburg city I glad you have seem improvement within the city and we are included with that. We’re thrilled to operate in such a great town. SpringHill Suites as a brand designed these rooms to be larger than most (25% larger), they will see this also and enjoy your appreciation.

We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for staying.

-Joseph Sybrowsky
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is probably the nicest hotel in Rexburg. We have stayed here several times, both to visit family and to drop off/pick up our son from BYU-Idaho. The rooms have always been clean and the decor in each room is very nice. The beds are very comfortable and they offer a variety of pillow choices. We like the fact that the couch is also a pull-out bed as we have a large family. The only downside to the rooms is the opaque glass door to the toilet area - not a fan! I'd much prefer a solid door.

The lobby is beautiful. There is a nice exercise room and a pool with hot tub - this has always been pretty crowded when we were there, but my kids have still enjoyed swimming.

Complimentary breakfast is pretty standard - yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, waffle maker and a couple of hot choices likes eggs and sausage, as well as a variety of pastries. The breakfast area does get very busy the later you get up, so there is not always a table available. Eat early!

If you are planning a stay at the end or beginning of one of BYU-Idaho's semesters, make your reservations far in advance as this hotel and pretty much every hotel in the city are booked solid.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we’re glad you got reservation here during that very busy weekend. The entire staff here works hard to keep this hotel #1 in Rexburg and I think they do a wonderful job day in and day out. I will be sure to pass this review on to them. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us; it is our pleasure to serve you. We are currently working on a solution for that opaque glass so please come see us again and you may be pleasantly surprised.

-Joseph Sybrowsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#5 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!