“Annuanl trip to yellowstone”
Review of Super 8 Rexburg

Super 8 Rexburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located tow hours from Yellowstone Park, close to a very good super market. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and of good size. After a hot drive across Idaho the pool is a joy for cool down.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stay in hotels quite a bit and for the price this was not one that I would come back to or suggest that friends or family a stay at. It was pretty expensive for the quality. The Beds were hard as rocks and the sheets were very stiff and rough. The floor was not clean either . There were chips and crumbs on the floor next to the boxes the matress sat on. For the price I expected a litte better room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Doc1979M
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I'm not sure how this place gets good reviews. Perhaps I was in a room that hasn't been updated or something. It was dirty. The carpet hadn't been properly vacuumed and there was 'stuff' on the floor by the nightstand, under the desk, and in the corners. I had to pull on my runners in the middle of the night to use the washroom because there was no way I was letting my feet touch that dirty carpet. When I took off the bedspread there was a old worn out blanket that didn't even cover the whole bed. And it was covered in gross, yellowish stains. So, out I went to the creepy back parking lot in the dark to get my own bedding. I checked for signs of bed bugs and thank GOD I didn't find any but I was still itchy all night. I was going to swim in the pool but it looked dark and gloomy so I passed. They have a continental breakfast in the morning. I went around 8 and they had no coffee - so I decided to pack up and come back - I returned about 45 minutes later and they had coffee but no waffle mix. I opted for the hard boiled eggs but they weren't cooked properly so I wasn't able to peel them without taking most of the egg whites and leaving tiny bits of shell. Gross. The couple in the room above were having a real good time and I could hear it all since this place is so poorly built. I had to turn on the fan and put in ear plugs. The room cost me $77 with tax and the CAA discount. Way overpriced for such a dump. I won't be staying at anymore Super 8 motels on this trip or any other.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

No frills but clean and comfortable. The indoor pool was a welcome distraction and the guest laundry room was very helpful and located near enough to the pool that supervision of kids was not an issue while catching up!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the Rexburg Super 8 with my teenaged granddaughter and was very happy there. We were fortunate to have been given a very large room with a spa on the ground floor. The rest of the rooms were sold out and even though the management could have charged us a lot more, they did not. They charged us the basic standard room rate. We had a sitting area with fold out sofa and eating area with a small round table. We also had a wet bar, fridge and microwave. The queensized bed was incredibly comfortable. Very nice bathroom with lots of room and counter space. Everything was spotless; this hotel is extremely well maintained. We had a very strong Internet signal, which was such a pleasure. Anyone who travels all the time knows how iffy that can be! The folks at the front desk coudn't have been nicer. The breakfast in the morning was better than most economy lodges. It had everything that a Hampton Inn offers. Not only did they have a waffle maker, they also had a young man making homemade pancakes! They had fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals and the usual assorted of bagels, donuts, danishes, etc. Another plus is that the hotel is within easy walking distance to Brigham Young's Rexburg campus. However, if you have bags it might get a bit bulky as you walk but it's still doable. Unfortunately the hotel does not offer shuttle service and that was the only downside I can think of. Taxis in Rexburg are expensive because I think they originate in another small town. The lowest rate is $10 even if you just go down the street. There is a shuttle between the BYU campuses in Provo, UT and Rexburg, UT so we never had to rent a car. The shuttle stops at another hotel on the outskirts of Rexburg. However if you are taking the shuttle it's a lot easier to get dropped at BYU's campus and walk to the Super 8. We walked all over Rexburg from the hotel which is right on Main Street. There are lots of eateries and a big shopping center is only about a 20 minute walk away.

The only other problem I encountered was trying to get the front desk to answer the phone when I was calling from out of state. This happened more than once. However, they seemed to be answering once we got there.

Room Tip: We loved the spa room/suite on the first floor. Very quiet, spotless, big, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Our king room was large, smelled fresh and was comfortable. It had a nice recliner, which felt great after a day of driving. The room was clean and had a very comfortable euro-top mattress. It also had a refrig. and a microwave oven. The breakfast selection was good. We would return again, when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and boys stayed at the Super 8 in Rexburg for three nights while I stayed with my daughter and her husband down the street to take care of a new grandbaby. The Super 8 was clean and it was a great benefit to have them so close to BYU-I. Our car broke down so it was nice to have the hotel within walking distance. For the reasonable price for 2 queens for $60.00 including tax, the hotel was fine. It was clean, the service was friendly. The boys were disappointed with the breakfast, as it was not stocked well, but the hotel served it's purpose.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank alwayscleaning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
#1 of 1 in Saint Anthony
Motel 6 Rigby
Motel 6 Rigby
#1 of 1 in Rigby

Been to Super 8 Rexburg? Share your experiences!