“A very nice stay...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Rigby B&B and Inns
Nashv
“A very nice stay...”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were here for only one night, but enjoyed the Inn immensely. Our plane was late and caused us to get to the Inn around 10pm, but they stayed up for us and got us checked in. We were sorry to miss the evening sitting out on the deck. It was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 12 June 2012

If you travel through Southeastern Idaho for any reason, the Blue Heron Inn is a welcome retreat. This Bed & Breakfast provides a serene, quiet environment, beautiful decor throughout, clean and cheerful rooms, a bounty of interesting books in the library, and excellent breakfast each morning. Top it off with a glass of wine in the evening on the decks overlooking the winding Snake River or reading by the fireplace. Our eight night stay in the Blue Heron Suite over the Memorial Day Weekend of 2012 was great. It is truly an "Idaho Gem"

Room Tip: There are seven rooms in the Inn - each one is well-appointed. We enjoyed the fireplace and spacio...
1 Thank ellie1126
Silver City, Idaho
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Overall a very nice experience. Very clean and comfortable excellent breakfast! Would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone and I have stayed a lot of hotels and B&Bs. View of river was nice as you eat breakfast and the bird feeder was teaming with several varieties of colorful birds.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We spent one night in May 2012 at the Blue Heron with Dave and Claudia during a two week driving holiday visiting 9 States. It was an oasis of calm and beauty and we could not have felt more welcome. Our hosts were super-helpful recommending excellent local places to visit. We wished we could have stayed longer and we thoroughly recommend a stay here to anyone.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Blue Heron Suite. The room was amazing. It was much larger than the pictures look on the website. The jetted tub was nice and spacious. The room was beautifully decorated, and we enjoyed the gas fireplace at night. The view from our balcony was gorgeous. We enjoyed the hot tub and the relaxing scenery. The grounds are beautiful, as well as the inside of the lodge. Breakfast was absolutely delicious! Overall, a wonderful, relaxing, romantic and fun getaway. My only regret is not staying longer!!

Mesa
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My first stay at the Blue Heron was out of sheer desperation in December 2011. I had failed to make reservations for us to attend our daughters graduation. My previous experience with "bed and breakfast" had left me with much to be desired. What a wonderful mistake! David and Claudia are more than innkeepers. I felt like I was home-- in one incredibly beautiful home. I was made to feel so comfortable that I felt a "necessity" to walk around without my shoes. I knew I would be coming back to the area in a few weeks and I KNEW where I was going to stay. My second trip was in April 1012 and this time we brought the extended family-- Mom and Dad, Sisters, and even Grampa and Grandma. (My dad loved the place so much, he spent one day just enjoying the hospitality of our hosts and the beauty of the Inn and the surroundings and, of course, there was breakfast.
If you find yourself in this neck of the woods (literally) do yourself a favor and make your visit perfect by staying at the Blue Heron. You will never regret it! Doug Smith

Room Tip: Go large! Get the suite upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
klinkk, Owner at Blue Heron Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much. It's guests who feel as you do about our inn that makes innkeeping so rewarding! Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Dave and Claudia
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I first stayed at the Blue Heron in August of 2010. This was a surprise for her, as we were engaged at the Blue Heron. We loved the experience so much that we wanted to spend our first anniversary there as well. This time, we brought the two kids with us. The Blue Heron sits on the banks of the Snake River, and what a picturesque sight that is. The view out of our window and balcony was of the river. The experience of the Blue Heron is more like staying with family or friends in a beautiful home over a winter holiday.

The Inn itself is indescribable. Each room has its own rustic theme. We felt so at home that we invited our dear friends over for a game of "Catchphrase." We sat in the large living area, in front of the fireplace, and just had so much fun! Can this happen in any establishment other than the Blue Heron? I think not. One of my favorite times was reading a book in the living area, looking out past the snow and gazing at the Snake River. The snowball fights, the walks...so many memories.

While the location is superb, the true treasure of the Blue Heron lies with the innkeepers, Dave and Claudia Klingler. The Blue Heron reflects their love of home, family, and hobbies. The breakfasts are served by Dave and Claudia in the lovely dining room. The meals - outstanding. We enjoyed breakfast over conversation with our family, Dave, and Claudia. The attention to detail: snacks and drinks were ours for the choosing.

Saying goodbye to Dave and Claudia was bittersweet. In fact, it was like saying goodbye to family. We shared memories and said goodbye with hugs. If you are looking for a ralaxing time, filled with fun and memories, look no further than the Blue Heron Inn. We cannot wait for the next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
klinkk, Owner at Blue Heron Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Steve: This thank you is very late arriving, but no less sincere. Thank you so much for your glowing review. It's the guests who fall in love with the Blue Heron that make our job so rewarding. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Claudia and Dave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rigby
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
Home2 Suites by Hilton Idaho Falls
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to Blue Heron Inn? Share your experiences!