“Our weekend birthday getaway”
Review of Blue Heron Inn

and 1 more site!
Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rigby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is the second time we've stayed here! Hospitality is very nice. We stayed in the Carriage House because we brought our large dog with us. The Carriage House is the only building where pets are welcomed and our dog caused no problems and was a good time for a birthday get-away for my wife. The room was very clean and had plenty of views of the property and the adjoining Snake River. We have been to few other B&B's before but this is considered by us to be the best! We arrived Friday afternoon and left late Sunday morning. The breakfasts that we have were very large and filling. Saturday's Breakfast was Eggs Benedict. two large poached eggs with Canadian Bacon over homemade bread! Wonderful! Sunday's Breakfast was stuffed baked apples between two large homemade French Toast. Another wonderful meal! These breakfasts kept us filled till late afternoon. The Blue Heron Inn's living room has a baby grand piano and they allowed me to entertain everyone to my hearts content! Downstairs in the Media Room there is a pool table and a huge 120" TV screen for watching movies! We highly recommend the Blue Heron Inn to anyone wishing to be treated as almost royalty! Dennis & Sandy treated us as if we were the King & Queen of Siam! Wonderful place!

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny" and each have very large bathrooms & fireplaces! V...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Sandy and Dennis were very welcoming, we enjoyed our stay so much. They walk to the river was very close to the Inn. The place was very clean and not only do you get a breakfast but you get the Idaho experience. We will be returning. Thank you.

Room Tip: The Suite had a jetted tub perfect for couples.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennie Hollibau... K
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights. Absolutely wonderful experience at the Blue Heron Inn. Beautiful inside & outside. Pleasant, comfortable, and had everything I expected a B&B would have and more. The owners, Dennis & Sandy, were both helpful and friendly. We highly recommend the Blue Heron Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My Wife And I were recently Married. My Brother and Grandparents went in on a room for our wedding night, luckily they booked us with the Blue Heron Inn. We got there to check in at 3 then returned for our evening of festivities for the reception. At around 9:30 we headed back from Idaho Falls. This wonderful bed and breakfast is tucked away just off the highway and right next to the Snake River. We could not ask for a better setting. The room was large and the fireplace really heated it up, even though it was in the negatives that night. The jacuzzi tub was very wonderful and My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves there. Now here comes the real kicker... Breakfast! The Innkeepers served a 3 course breakfast which I have never experienced in my whole life. We started out with hot freshly made scones, then came a large bowl of berries and cream, and to top it off we had stuffed french toast with hashbrowns. Never have I had a breakfast like this one, and I was very very pleased.

When we first got there my wife had mixed emotions she wanted to be up in the Destinations Inn, but after the wonderful experience we had here, and now we already have Valentine's Day booked!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon and it was amazing. I cannot say enough about this place. It was clean, beautiful views of the river, the owners cook the most delecable breakfast. We plan on staying here anytime we visit this region.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Blue Heron for two nights in October. We all were impressed. Comfortable, beautiful rooms. Seasonal decorations throughout the impressive house. Dreamy beds; delicious breakfasts. Gracious hosts. All of this in an easy to find location close to Idaho Falls. Book your visit with confidence.

Room Tip: Both of our rooms were good and easily accommodated two travelers with luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My family stayed here in late July while we were visiting Rigby for my aunt's 70th birthday. We got a little lost finding it, but once we made it up the gravel driveway there was no mistaking that we were in the right place. The main house looks like the most beautiful life-size Lincoln Log dwelling every made. The view from the back deck (or really anywhere around the house) is incredible. The owners/hosts were super friendly and completely spoiled us with the scrumptious breakfasts they made each morning. My sister and I stayed in the Blue Bird Room while our parents stayed in the South Fork Room, and it was pretty difficult for any of us to muster up the will to leave the property. And if you're lucky you may get to meet the incredibly friendly cat that belongs to the neighbors but spends most of his time wandering around outside the Blue Heron--if you see him, give him a head scratch for me!

Room Tip: The Blue Bird Room is a corner room with two windows that get a lot of light (no TV). The South Fork...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Been to Blue Heron Inn? Share your experiences!