“My favorite”
Review of Big Iron Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riggins
Big Iron Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I work all over the lower 48 and have stayed in hundreds of motels in my travels. I live in Idaho and travel N. to S. a couple of times a year. I found the Big Iron 3 years ago while Salmon fishing and have stayed 4 times since. This is my favorite place to stay of all of the motels I have stayed. The rooms are always very clean. The owners, Scott and Rose and their family are as nice as you could want. They make every effort to make your stay enjoyable.The price is very affordable. I have paid a lot more for far less. I tell everyone I talk to that is going through Riggins to stay there. I look forward to staying and having a fresh cookie. Scott and Rose are always working to improve their business and make it better for those of us who stay there.

Room Tip: all the rooms we've stayed in were nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BlakefromIdaho
There are newer reviews for Big Iron Motel

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My stay at the Big Iron was exceptional,, The staff and rooms were A1 will go back each year.Best food for a hundred miles.Right across from the boat ramp of the salmon river. Great Place and cleanest rooms In Riggins and best people to stay with.

Room Tip: all rooms are top notch. every thing included you could need.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank coffee843
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very happy I chose to stay at this motel! The owners are exceptionally nice. The rooms were very clean, the maid service was exceptional! The prices are very affordable.Would definitely recommend this place to everybody passing through.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Great, very clean rooms for a great price. Rose's food is amazing!! Scott, Rose, and the whole family make you feel right at home. Plus, it's right across from the beautiful river :) I definitely recommend staying here if you're going to be in Riggins!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank GracieC91
Reviewed 4 December 2013

When traveling we always stay at The Big Iron Motel as Scott & Rose Galland are such warm and welcoming people. You are treated like friends they have know all their lives and do everything to make your stay as comfotable as possable.They are both so knowledgable and helpful when seeking advice or directions. A more congenial couple can't be found along with the spacious rooms that are impecably clean and up to date. You are greeted with and adult beverage when you register transending you into a relaxing pleasuable atmospher with a quiet setting. We always enjoy seeing the deer that many times pass thru the motel property. Rose is a terrific cook so don't miss out if she has the grill going. The big Iron is always our "must stay" destination motel when we travel.

Room Tip: Rooms 20 thru 22 have a view of the apple tree out back which are often frequented by the deer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rolland p
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is my third stay at the Big Iron Motel, Scot Rose and family are wonderful and what a beutiful location. The beers upon check in and the Food, always incredible.

Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Riggins

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Todd M
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The rooms are basic, clean, and in good repair. Bed in the king room was very comfortable. We didn't get the chance to use the hot tub, but Scott, the owner, made sure it was clean just for us! Scott and Rose offered us a beer and a chat when we arrived. They made great suggestions for places to eat, all within walking distance. They are preparing to open a cafe on site - maybe next year? We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paula H

Been to Big Iron Motel? Share your experiences!