“Thanks again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Iron Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riggins
Big Iron Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
“Thanks again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Thanks again for a fantastic weekend! The food was amazing as usual and there was never a issue. I would stay here all year if I could, The big iron always makes you feel like you are at home ;) thanks again for everything you guys did for us this weekend

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Samuel W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Riggins, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Big Iron in riggins is a great place to stay! we were treated like we were the most important people in the world! Scott and his people go out of there way to be the BEST Riggins has to offer! and a job well done WE WILL BE BACK!!!!

Room Tip: our family rented all the rooms and had a privet party there ALL the rooms were great!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Don B
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This motel is awesome. Before we even checked in Scott had us a beer and three glasses of sweet tea (yes sweet tea in Idaho) on the counter as we had been riding motorcycles all day. The rooms were outstanding with great beds and plenty of room to spread out. Buck the dog even came by to make sure everything was ok. And the price for the room was outstanding. Scott and Rose Hall and really make you feel at home. I would recommend their place to anyone and the drive from Whitebird to the hotel is just beautiful. Thank you to Scott, Rose and their kids for a great night. Everyone should stay at the Big Iron Motel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Big Iron Motel lived up to every expectation you read here on Trip Advisor. I have to admit -- I was leery at first. Even when we pulled into the parking lot -- both my husband and I were going......"I don't know about this!"

We were in town because of a funeral. I called to book our room a few days before and was pleasantly surprised on how easy the conversation went as I would prefer o book online. For $60/night -- my husband and I could have a king bed room. I was told -- "It's very nice and spacious" and it was!

We checked in early (after the funeral was over and before the reception) because as we were so HOT and needed to cool off. It was 100 degrees that day. We found out later that my husband's cousins tried to check into the "big" lodge in town 1/2 hour early and found out they couldn't!

I loved pulling up right in front of the door to our room. I miss that with hotels where you have to drag your luggage in and all around. My motel or hotel rooms have to be CLEAN and immaculate and this room was! There is not thing that I could complain about. The bed was comfortable. The outlay of the room was great and the air conditioning WORKED FANTASTIC! Our room was nice and cold!

I loved the fact that we both received can of beer upon check-in. (You can choose ice tea instead.) Who else does that?

I am now thinking of grabbing my whole family and heading to Riggins for some rafting and having us all stay at the Big Iron!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teach4Jen
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I work all over the lower 48 and have stayed in hundreds of motels in my travels. I live in Idaho and travel N. to S. a couple of times a year. I found the Big Iron 3 years ago while Salmon fishing and have stayed 4 times since. This is my favorite place to stay of all of the motels I have stayed. The rooms are always very clean. The owners, Scott and Rose and their family are as nice as you could want. They make every effort to make your stay enjoyable.The price is very affordable. I have paid a lot more for far less. I tell everyone I talk to that is going through Riggins to stay there. I look forward to staying and having a fresh cookie. Scott and Rose are always working to improve their business and make it better for those of us who stay there.

Room Tip: all the rooms we've stayed in were nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlakefromIdaho
Pahrump
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My stay at the Big Iron was exceptional,, The staff and rooms were A1 will go back each year.Best food for a hundred miles.Right across from the boat ramp of the salmon river. Great Place and cleanest rooms In Riggins and best people to stay with.

Room Tip: all rooms are top notch. every thing included you could need.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank coffee843
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very happy I chose to stay at this motel! The owners are exceptionally nice. The rooms were very clean, the maid service was exceptional! The prices are very affordable.Would definitely recommend this place to everybody passing through.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lisa c

Been to Big Iron Motel? Share your experiences!