“Best Thanksgiving Ever!”

Salmon Rapids Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Thank you Rachel & staff for such a wonderful Thanksgiving stay! The whole family, all 8 of us from 1yr to 53 had a wonderful time! Dinner was great & so is your staff. Always willing to do whatever it takes to make our stay great! There is no way anyone would guess, that the lodge is older than a year or two. It is so very clean & well maintained. It is so nice to have such clean & fresh rooms, no dirt hiding in the bathrooms or on the floors, n mold or anything, your staff does a great job. We will be back many more times. Our grandkids feel like kings & queens there!
Thank you all!
The Howells

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tbtcjhowell

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Excellent facility for classroom, Very helpful, friendly and accommodating coordinator and staff, easy to work with even snacks and drinks on the tables. All the little things were taken care of like free drink wine/beer/juice/soda, cookies and milk at night and a free breakfast. Fantastic view from the classroom. Walking distance to great restaurants. Would highly recommend the facility or just a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This summer, my husband and I planned a multi-day backpacking trip into the Seven Devils. It was lovely weather. The wild flowers were in brilliant bloom. There was just a hint of snow left on the summit tops. And there were mosquitos. Many. Mosquitos. So many in fact that I literally couldn't breathe without pulling one into my nose or mouth. We braved it for two days. Now I'm a pretty rugged outdoor type. I've been camping my whole life and in 45 years, I've never, ever experienced anything like these mosquitos. On the morning of the third day, I woke up at 4:37am, woke my husband up and declared that we were packing out early. He didn't even blink.

By 9:20am we were in the parking lot of Salmon Rapids Lodge and I headed in to see if they had a room. It was a weekend, at the height of summer and the town was packed with whitewater rafters and wildland firefighters so I wasn't counting on getting a room. Also, I was wearing 2 1/2 days of backpacking on my body so I was looking pretty special if I do say so myself.

I waited my turn and when the lovely lady behind the front desk said, "Good morning, how can I help you?" I told her. I said, "I am on the tail end of what just might be the worst backpacking experience of my life." I shared the lowlights of my previous to days and asked if she possibly had a room. She had a single room but the guests had just checked out. I asked when we could check in and she said (I swear), "If you give us 30 minutes to clean, we'll get you right in there."

I could have hugged her but, taking into account my present hygiene status, I thought it might have been seen as an act of aggression.

We went down to the River Rock Cafe for some breakfast and when we came back, there was a beautiful, mosquito free room waiting for us.

We hauled our backpacks into the room, took a quick shower then headed to the hot tub. A half hour later I was tucked into bed with a serving of dehydrated spaghetti and a glass of champagne (purchased from the lobby!) to celebrate our good fortune.

Thank you for recognizing our exhaustion and working so hard to get us into a room so quickly! You'll never know how much we appreciated it.

Room Tip: Request a riverview room on the second floor of the left end of the hotel so you overlook both the M...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCentralIdaho
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Not only was this an excellent property, right on the river, but little extras gave this a higher rating in my view. The food was fabulous--we had our dinner meeting with barbequed ribs, chicken, two salads, cornbread and a variety of chocolate desserts (and a few non-chocolate) The linen wrapped flatware was tied with a little red raffia ribbon. The amenities in the bathroom included a razor and packet of shaving cream. Our balcony was facing the river, and large enough for 4 chairs around the patio furniture. The dining room is also spectacular. Breakfast had hot eggs, boiled eggs, waffles, assortment of pastries and breads, juices, sausage, yoghurt, cereal, fruit and probably other items I missed! They say it's continental, but it is over-the-top continental. Great beds and furniture--the office chair adjusts. It was our anniversary and we were gifted with a bottle of sparkling cider by the staff. Very helpful and friendly staff. Hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sande57701
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We spent one night here on our way across country. The place was clean, the staff was friendly and there were nice touches like a free wine/beer/juice and cookies and milk in the evenings, breakfast in the morning. Our room had a deck looking out on the river - they had a hottub and indoor pool and a $1 washer and $1 dryer.
Lots of mule deer in the side field in the morning when we left

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a rafting trip and boy it was nice after a long day on the river. Clean and comfortable with nice indoor pool and outdoor space. Ou room was clean as was the bathroom. It is more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We arrived in at the Salmon Rapids Lodge on an extremely hot September evening. As we drove our motorcycle up to the property we were taken aback by the river and the rugged rolling hills. This was a former Best Western Property taken back by the original owners so they would have the freedom to manage the property as they saw fit as oppose to corporate management and it shows. The desk staff is so friendly and accommodating we felt like we were at home. The room was large mostly average but the common area and the patio on the main floor were outstanding, open beamed construction and huge fireplace. We took our chilled bottle of white and sat in the common room then moved outside when it cooled off. Our room had a balcony that faced the rapids, we could hear the river all night. I love the sound of the water however if thats not your preference you can shut your balcony door. On our way into Riggins I noticed that rafting and fishing are the main activities in this area. There are a number of rafting and fishing outfitters if that's your passion we were just there one night so we did not have time to experience either activity but many were. The Lodge provides a hot and cold breakfast which was good but does not have a separate restaurant but there are many within a short walking distance in Riggins. My only suggestion for the property is new carpeting throughout the current is very tired.

Room Tip: our preference was the river side and as usual I always ask to be far away from a ice or vending mac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Salmon Rapids Lodge? Share your experiences!