“Awesome Ride!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome Ride!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First time on a zipline and it was fantastic. The ride up there was exciting and the 10 ziplines were exhilarating! The guides were loads of fun! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Sheri60

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Loved everything, first zip line ever and the guides were great, safety oriented, but very fun. Loved all 10 lines.

1 Thank Dee E
Idaho
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A disabled man's view on their Zip Line!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I visited Heise Zipline last week. I had heard of a few friends doing it, and I had not done a zip line, let alone ten (7 lines plus a double with two repeated) , in many years. I have a walking disability which makes me slow to walk and such. I am also having some heat tolerance issues lately. I am usually hesitant to try such places as they are usually not interested in working with me to adapt or understanding what I must do to adapt. I needed to carry my cane with me, to go from platform to platform between lines, and I needed to have an understanding of the walking distances that would be required. They were cool with me carrying my cane with me on the line, although they offered to take it over if I wanted too. While there is still a great deal of walking, this company does a good job of minimizing most of the hard stuff. After getting everyone suited with a harness and helmet, everyone is loaded into a ohv that drives them up the hillside to the first zip line. They also gave us a backpack with bottled water, a plus given the hot conditions.

It is hot out there this time of year, so be advised. Even though you sign away liability as with most activities, they still seemed to have concern over your safety and the safety was good for a single line zip course. All the harnesses, carabiners, trollies, and lanyards were in good repair and checked by staff once they were on you. The use two lanyards with a wheeled trolley on one and the safety lanyard with a carabiner on it. As you get to the platform they hook you in behind another safety carabiner attached to the platform until you and the guide at the bottom are both ready. Even still, they recognized when I wanted to do things, perhaps differently, to acknowledge my own safety and comfort.

A note on the walking. For those who are not disabled, the walking is not a great deal of distance and can be described as roughly 150yds to 200yds or a walk up hill. I will be a bit more detailed here, as I know people like myself appreciate such. Bear in mind I have trouble walking fast and up hill, but I still hike in mountain terrain all the time. They drive you to the first zip. From there, there is a 150yd or so walk from the first line to the second line. This walk is all up hill at a relatively steep grade for most of the walk. The path is a ohv path which is nice and wide, however it is covered in saw dust which may prove difficult for some. They offered to bring in their OHV if I needed it, but in my case I look and sound worse than I really am. That portion is the longest walk, however there are a few more transfers of 20 yds or so from one line to another. One up hill transfer and another which requires a few feet of boulder walking to get up onto a platform. Finally, there is a large platform which contains there 2 line zip at 1650 feet. This requires climbing about a story of stairs.

Again, they worked well with me and tried hard not to pressure me or hurry me, I could take as much or little time as I needed. The guides that caught me at the end of each zip, both did a good job of decelerating my decent. I'm used to gloved braking, so it was important to know your braking is in good hands. The ground near all decents were free of obstacle and the lines were high enough to avoid injury as long as you can maintain your feet in an upward or straight legged position. Overall I would rate this activity high on safety, awareness, and adaptability. I would, however, recommend that those disabled that have difficulty with hill climbing or trail conditions to contact them far in advance to see what they can do. Feel free to contact me via Trip Adviser for more detailed understanding or questions if you need to. It was a blast and I would recommend it to anyone.

6 Thank whiptcracker
Livingston, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Chasing Awesome!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My first experience zip lining was on May 1st at Heise Zip. I showed up solo and was able to add onto a group. Sam and Dean were excellent professional guides, I felt safe the whole time. What a rush, I recommend Heise Zip to anyone. Can't wait to come back and try the double zip and the moonlight zip! Don't forget to check out the hot springs when you are done.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank vindu42
Ririe, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Zipline rush!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had never been on a zipline before Heise. Now our whole family (11-73 years old) goes multiple times per year. What a great course with 7 different lines and plans to add more. You won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2012