“Not your average motel room”
Review of Sleeps Cabins

Sleeps Cabins
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sagle
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way through. These are historic cabins and after having stayed at various look-a-like motel rooms on this trip, this was a nice change. The cabins provide lots of room, and we also didn't experience any road noise issues as some previous posters had reported.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sleeps Cabins

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I can’t even begin to express how wonderful my stay was at Sleep’s Cabins! My husband and I had found this property online and after a lot of research and hunting of places to stay in the area we decided we wanted to give Sleep’s a shot. We stayed 8 nights and could have easily done another week!

When we arrived my heart was overflowed with happiness of how amazing this place was! An extremely clean, beautifully decorated cabin was what we walked into. I spent months and months planning this getaway and to finally be at Sleep’s and to actually see all the pictures I had studied for so long in person… it was so exciting.

Brent and Tawnie…. I could write a book about them. What gracious, hard-working, sweet people they are. I have never met anyone that works as hard as they do. They put their heart and souls into maintaining Sleep’s and it is absolutely amazing. My husband and I adored these two and cannot thank them enough for their hospitality.

The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed for cooking. Everything was incredibly clean – I am overly paranoid about germs and using other peoples things – not here! Cleanliness is obviously a top priority, everything was so clean and tidy. The bed…….I have NEVER slept so good on a vacation. This bed was better than the bed I have at home and I was so comfortable and slept like a baby.

Our stay was over the 4th of July and we stayed for Brent’s firework show! What a great time.. neighbors, guest, friends and family gathered on the hill and watched the show over the lake! The big show from City Beach was visible from where we were and other surrounding lake shows. It was nice being able to have entertainment where we were staying and not having to worry about drinking a little and who was driving along with dealing with the traffic. Brent and Tawnie made us feel a part of the family and we felt so welcomed on the 4th (the entire stay really..)

There is SO much to do in the area. We did the walk across the bridge going into Sandpoint 4 mornings of our stay. We went to Silverwood and also took the chair lift up to the top of Schweitzer Mountain and hiked our way down. We went to several breweries, ate some delicious food (Second Ave Pizza and Joel’s were our favorites) and usually ended our evenings with a fire in the fire pit. We brought several movies to watch during the evenings of our trip and most nights had the intention of going in to watch one.. but our “quick fire” always turned into us coming in close to midnight because we were up talking to new friends we made in other cabins. We spent many hours jumping into the cold water on the lake as well as laying in the sun.

I was a little weary of the two complaints online that I read.. one being the street noise and another being noise from the train. We were in cabin #6, closest to the road and could not hear a thing. Maybe the occasional motor cycle – but nothing out of the ordinary that had me annoyed. We ate dinner many nights outside at our picnic table and were not bothered by cars driving by at all. As for the train noise….. the train tracks are SO far away…. You cannot hear a thing. The two reviews that reflected this were very petty and were not an issue for us in any way, shape or form while we were on our trip.

I have not one complaint about our week at Sleep’s Cabins. It was quite honestly one of the best weeks my husband and I have had in quite some time and was a special time for us to re-connect in a beautiful setting. We cannot wait for our next visit and hope to make this a yearly tradition.

Room Tip: #6 was great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathleen E
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed several nights when friends had wedding on location. Entire place booked for wedding goer's. Brent and Tawnie (and son) went above and beyond to see to every detail. Place was abuzz with us all, and it was a BLAST to just go in and out of each others cabins and visit. Center cabin served as meeting place and many shared meals, mostly outside and on the super large deck with stunning vistas and views of the environs. Fire pit at night with moonlight and S'mores was delightful. Our group was tiny babies a couple months old to persons in late 70's-80's and NO complaints from anyone. Clean, very well appointed with all sorts of utensils and amenities in cabins, made for ease of stay for sure. Bed was SUPER, slept like a baby and traffic not an issue as some posts reported. Only negative is time went too fast.

Room Tip: Some cabins even have washers/dryers. I slept in cabin 2, but spent time in most all of them. The gr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovesandpoint
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Had a great time at Sleeps with a bunch of friends/families using all the cabins. Cozy cabin arrangement made coordinating meals and activities fun and easy and different size cabins allowed for easy accommodation of different family sizes within our group. Pretty, well-maintained, two nice docks. A little further from the busy bridge might be nice, but on the other hand it was nice to watch the trains go by.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Aaron L
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was so excited to hold my anniversary/reunion party at Sleep's Cabins that I booked it two years in advance. The location is perfect, right on the lake, amazing views, convenient to Sandpoint. The cabins are cute, cozy, and comfortable. Right at the beginning I had a glitch in my scheduling and the owners went above and beyond to help me fix it, they are my angels. Without them, things could have been a disaster. I wish I could stay there all summer (and winter too). I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: It just depends on what you are looking for, I would take cabin 4 if you have more than 5 adults. T...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2012

stayed one night here and cabin was nice and clean but all the cabins are on top of each other in a trailer park type set up. Couldn't really see the lake much but could hear the traffic on the road a few feet away very well. Paid for two nights stayed for one. Couldn't take the uncomfortable bed.
The ad we saw misrepresented this establishment greatly.

Room Tip: For a good night sleep go to the motel down by City Beach.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Its close enough to town that there are plenty of things to do but you can enjoy being away from your busy life.
The people who run the place a great, left warm cookies for us and stayed out of our space but we had the comfort of knowing they were there if needed. The decor is CUTE! I live at a place by another lake and went home with all kinds of inspiration.
The price is reasonable and if you have special dietary needs the cabins have all you need to take care of yourself. Groceries are just up the road.
The night view of the lake is gorgeous. The weather was terrible when we were there and we were cozy while trees fell on places nearby. Great place stay up late and watch old movies then sleep in.
The weather was also sunny and terrific one day and it was fun to run around and sit out by the dock. Don't miss the antique mall in town. All kinds of surprises there,

Room Tip: Call and tell them what you need before you book. Very helpful folks.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrokenPants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagle
The Lodge at Sandpoint
Quality Inn
#5 of 6 in Sandpoint
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandpoint North
Pend Oreille Shores Resort

Been to Sleeps Cabins? Share your experiences!