First of all the service folks,from front desk to maid service, were excellent. The rooms were clean but the air vents were dirty and needed cleaning.
When we checked in for two days we inquired about upgrading but the manager said the room was "twice the size as our room." We figured ours must be ample for two nights. It was a small lakefront room with a fireplace and one chair by the window. The heating/cooling system was incredibly loud and we had to call the front desk to help us turn it off. We also needed instructions for the ice machine.
A binder in the room with the following would be helpful: instructions for operating temperature controls, ice maker and fireplace. It would also be great if it contained places nearby to eat as the two restaurants next door don't open for lunch at least not this time of year.
Folks looking for a boutique hotel may not find one here....no bathrobes or turn down service. However, the location on the lake and the grounds are lovely. It is noisy from the road traffic but with windows closed it is quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge is a new boutique hotel which opened in 2007 but feels like it's been there for ages. It boasts Old World charm with with all of the modern conveniences. It is situated on 600' of sandy beach on Lake Pend Oreille in North Idaho. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge at Sandpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sandpoint Hotel Sagle
- The Lodge At Sandpoint Idaho/Sagle