Had a great suite at far end of property with very comfortable king-sized bed, larger than necessary bathroom, and living room/kitchen (without stove), and large balcony/deck. Enjoyed sitting outside and watching lake activity, some noise from highway and train tracks across the lake, but not something that would keep you awake at night. Bed and sheets very comfortable and soft, unit well cleaned, but confused as to why no stove. Had dinner outdoors at adjoining restaurant and were seated graciously without a reservation on a Friday evening. Obviously a very popular place for locals as well, with boat dock access. Enjoyed sitting on dock next morning after a rather average continental breakfast. Recommended changes; rates a little high for the amenities and the rooms, staff shouldn't be constantly cleaning in breakfast room while people eating, add a few more items to breakfast, and perhaps add complimentary wine/fruit in rooms when spending over $400/night.
Overall enjoyed the getaway and would recommend to others. Suggest you try to negotiate rates (I didn't) and see what happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge is a new boutique hotel which opened in 2007 but feels like it's been there for ages. It boasts Old World charm with with all of the modern conveniences. It is situated on 600' of sandy beach on Lake Pend Oreille in North Idaho. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge at Sandpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sandpoint Hotel Sagle
- The Lodge At Sandpoint Idaho/Sagle