“Lovely stay with FABULOUS trail running and hiking”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sagle
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were a bit surprised upon arrival to note the proximity of the Lodge to the highway but soon forgot all about it upon settling into our lake view suite. Staff members were extremely hospitable and were very helpful in identifying good trails for running and hiking during "mud season," and they were curious to know how our experience of current trail conditions so they could share this information with future guests. We loved our dinner at Forty-One South and overall were delighted at "discovering" Sandpoint for the first time. We look forward to many return visits.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments. We're glad you discovered Sandpoint too and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Husband & I are in the process of planning a visit to Sand Point to visit our daughter and found this lovely hotel online. I called several times with inquiries about their facility and was told by each front desk associate that if I stayed at their facility that my daughter who lives right outside Sand Point could visit me on their property. I waited to reserve my room until I received confirmation that my daughter could get the time off since we are flying from Florida. I contacted the hotel to book the room today, April 18th, and was told by Mary (hotel desk clerk) that she would have to speak with the owner in regards to having my daughter visit with me on their property. Mary also asked who gave me this information, I was surprised & felt like I was being interrogated by this woman. Why would I take someone's name down when a potential guest would think that the desk clerk knows their hotel policies. I finally spoke to the owner, Leslie Wood, and she told me that I previously received incorrect information, and that no paying patron is PERMITTED to have a guest on their property. REALLY? According to these policies I am not allowed to visit with my daughter who is a resident of Sagle, ID. If you are planning to visit friends or family that live in this area don't waste your time booking with this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

When this couple called, they asked if it would be okay if their daughter and boyfriend join them by the pool, (we do not have a pool) beach, hot tub etc?. We explained that these amenities are reserved for the use and benefit of our registered guests. This has been our policy since 2007 and remains so today.

It is also our policy to allow our registered guests to meet and visit with local friends and family in our lovely lobby and great room, which many guests have enjoyed.

We fully understand not being the right hotel for their needs but truly feel this review is punitive just because they didn't like our policy.

We hope they find appropriate accommodations elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Was looking for a place to take the wife and get away for a night. We thought since we have never been to Sandpoint, we would try there and stay at the lodge since it seemed to be a more romantic atmosphere. Called one of the desk clerks and he said that our golden retriever would not be a problem and we would have to book one of their pet friendly rooms. Okay, not a problem! Then when I called back, the other desk clerk said that my dog was too big and that they had problems in the past with large dogs. Great, now we have to change our whole plan. If you have a policy, stick to it. They said 35 pounds or less. Small dogs can be just as much of a problem as large dogs. And what, are you going to weight every dog that might be over 35 pounds. Either you allow pets or you don't!! It's not the fact that they did not allow my dog, its that the last person I talked to expressed that some employees stick to the strict policy and others don't. She also offered no solution to the situation except to stay somewhere else. Wow! Great marketing on her part!! So if you are attemting to make plans here, be careful, they may change their minds in the middle of the game.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jjsmontana
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank-you for your constructive criticism.

It is true that our pet policy has been a work in progress for some time. Most of us are pet lovers and would like to accommodate all pets. We have learned through trial and error that by limiting the size and quantity of pets to one 35#(or smaller) dog per room works the best for our hotel.

We apologize for any confusion and inconsistency and strive to improve our service all the time.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The location is great just beautiful. It's has friendly family style atmosphere. The breakfast was on the boring side. I just got a banana/cup of coffee and sat by the lake. We rented a boat for the day, I highly recommend that!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M

Thank-you for your comments.

In 2014, in addition to having paddle boards, kayaks and bicycles, there will be 2 20' power boats readily available for guests to rent.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was our sixth summer vacation in Sandpoint but our first in July. When we booked our rooms we hoped that Sandpoint would knock itself out for Independence Day. Wow! Did they ever! It was awesome. The Lodge at Sandpoint hung huge baskets filled with American flags and red, white and blue flowers at the entryway and they placed a gorgeous bouquet of American flags on the front desk counter. It was beautiful. The rooms were immaculate. The breezes flowed through the doors that lead out to the lobby's magnificent balcony. We even had bald eagle sightings in the pine tree out front. It couldn't have been more patriotic. The fireworks at City Beach were spectacular. We ate blueberries and strawberries on top of vanilla ice cream from our balcony and watched the beautiful show. We're going to do this again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank reginew33

We agree that the 4th of July was very spectacular and are happy you enjoyed it!
We look forward to your return!
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great location, high end boutique hotel with wonderful amenities. The room was well decorated and and very pleasant. The staff were pleasant and very accommodating. Great views from the large balcony.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Brian,
Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had a great suite at far end of property with very comfortable king-sized bed, larger than necessary bathroom, and living room/kitchen (without stove), and large balcony/deck. Enjoyed sitting outside and watching lake activity, some noise from highway and train tracks across the lake, but not something that would keep you awake at night. Bed and sheets very comfortable and soft, unit well cleaned, but confused as to why no stove. Had dinner outdoors at adjoining restaurant and were seated graciously without a reservation on a Friday evening. Obviously a very popular place for locals as well, with boat dock access. Enjoyed sitting on dock next morning after a rather average continental breakfast. Recommended changes; rates a little high for the amenities and the rooms, staff shouldn't be constantly cleaning in breakfast room while people eating, add a few more items to breakfast, and perhaps add complimentary wine/fruit in rooms when spending over $400/night.

Overall enjoyed the getaway and would recommend to others. Suggest you try to negotiate rates (I didn't) and see what happens.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are best ...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rskattum

Thank-you for taking the time to share your observations and constructive criticism.

The Lodge was originally built with an eye to hotel-condo but when the economy turned the condo idea was dropped and thus the large kitchen with no cooking facility.

Our housekeeping staff endeavors to maintain a clean breakfast area for the use and enjoyment of all guests. I'm sorry if you felt they were a little over zealous.

Again, thank-you for your comments and we hope you'll come again!

Lodge at Sandpoint

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagle
Best Western Edgewater Resort
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
#1 of 3 in Ponderay
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging

Been to The Lodge at Sandpoint? Share your experiences!