“Comfy and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Country Inn

The Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sagle
The Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sagle
“Comfy and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The is a good value welcoming inn. The rooms are a little dated but it didn't bother me. I look for friendly staff, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms which this place had. I would stay again. It's conveniently located for Sandpoint.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Rebel-forces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn for two nights. It is conveniently located just south of Sandpoint. The motel is right on the highway which has a hike/bike path which can be taken all the way to town if you like. My husband was concerned about traffic noise, but once inside our first floor room, we found it to be quiet and comfortable. We were able to park adjacent to the room. Our room was small and the decor is fairly retro, there's a fridge and the airport kept up with 100 degree temps. We got, what we considered to be a great room rate. Not the Ritz, but clean, comfortable and does the job.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Betsydoggie
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Travelled to Idaho for the first time with a couple of friends. Had read the reviews and decided to give The Country Inn a try. It isn't the most modern place but the staff was friendly and when we had an issue in the room they were there immediately to fix it. I have two things that I must have when staying in a hotel/motel - They must be clean and I must feel safe. The room and bathroom were clean and we felt safe. I understand it is under new management and the new owner is updating things. We did find that the room needed more light but that was the only thing we had an issue with. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mindy41
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great place to stay, very friendly staff. Clean rooms, nice and quiet and down home style inn. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice clean affordable place to stay while visiting anywhere in Northern Idaho. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Barry S
Meridian, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks while house hunting. The management is a lovely family that was very helpful, considerate to our needs and made us feel very comfortable. Weekly rate made it affordable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Juinne N
Edson, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

On a recent driving holiday, we were undecided if we should head to Coeur d'Alene or to Sandpoint. On a tip from a resident of Plains we took the route to Sandpoint. Arriving there we began to look for lodgings. We passed the Country Inn and turned to come back. The Wilson family was gathered outside the office and when we pulled in Jason came to the truck to greet us. We asked about a room and he called his wife to come and talk to us. The room, although not all updated (chrome, fake wood etc.) was warm and welcoming. The towels and bedding were soft and smelled of spring. We spent 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The Inn is close to many attractions and if you have an urge to visit Silverwood Theme Park or Cabela's In Post Falls, Jason will help show you the scenic back way. We will be back again, this time with our daughters for a family vacation!

D. Court / C. Millar
Edson, Alberta, Canada

Room Tip: As they are in the process of updating it may be good to ask which rooms have been done.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WanderingFool69
Seattle,WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend, and at the same time booked rooms for my mom and my two sisters and their boyfriends. The owners, a family, were friendly and enormously accommodating. They didn't charge my sister or even blink at her last minute decision to bring her two dogs. And they also cheerfully allowed us to check in at all hours of the night. They also gave us an enormous discount, charging us $50 a night for one $90 dollar double room, and three $70 a night single rooms. When we had to cancel one of the nights we were supposed to be there with little notice, they were very gracious about it.
The location is only 5 minutes via car from Sandpoint and the lake. The rooms are good sized with AC, microwaves, refrigerators and comfortable bedding. They are also very clean. The hotel offers cable and WiFi.

You really cant beat the price or service.

I'll definitely stay here every time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Sleep with the AC on and windows closed. Train noises outside are loud with the window open.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank elvislives65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagle
Sleeps Cabins
#1 of 1 in Clark Fork
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
#1 of 3 in Ponderay

Been to The Country Inn? Share your experiences!