“Best place to camp at the dunes!”
Review of Sand Hills Resort

Sand Hills Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Anthony
Sand Hills Resort
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This will be my third year at the Sand Hills Resort. I started out at another RV park in 2011 and had to relocate because of the dust and long road to the dunes. After staying at both RV parks on the sand dunes I have to say this is the best place by far! This place is much more family friendly and I was able to watch my kids ride right from my campsite. The staff was very helpful and the kids loved running to the store for ice cream at night! There was plenty of room for us to spread out on the grass under the trees. I already made my reservation for June. Cant wait.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sand Hills Resort

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We have stayed here in July 2011 and Sept 2012. The first time we loved it. The second time not as much. The first trip I cracked my clutch cover and the owners borrowed me some JB Weld and I was back up and running for the remainder of the trip. We had a nice site. Green grass and treed for shade.
Last year the woman running the place was from what she said "a sister to the owner". Her and her mother were on us all the time to be quite even though we weren't being very loud. There wasn't even more than 10 lots being used, so it wasn't because someone was complaining. It was because they said we were bothering them. We didn't drive 16 hours for a weeks riding not to relax and enjoy ourselves. We were also were annoyed because 50% of the time the store was closed. We rented sand boards and were suppose to return them but the store was closed. When they were final open we returned the board and she said that she was going to charge us for returning it late because they are popular. There wasn't even anyone there really to rent it! Like I said the place was empty!
We have a trip planned this year in August. We are really hoping that since it is a busier time in the season, the real owners will be there.

Room Tip: If you want wifi book closer to the store otherwise no dice. Make sure to read the info on the site...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClarissaMoto
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The first time we went to Sand Hills was after we had spent a month one week at another close by camp. The good lots close to the store were great, had lots of grass and shade. My family was younger then and liked not having the big hills outside our door. They have grown since. The resort is right on the sand while with the other one you had to cover about 1/2 mile of dusty serious washboard. Our first time was five years ago and we have been back twice a year since. The resort is great with lots of sand to explore and if you like a quiet evening around a fire it's the best.

Room Tip: Close to the store.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Reg M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The previous reviews were pretty dire, but I don't think it's that bad. It is a long ride to the big dunes, but hey, if you come to ride, that's what you do. It's a haul, but running out of gas probably isn't a problem, even for a bike. Although the big dunes are a ways, the high hills near the park are gorgeous at sundown.

The park itself is a little tight, but not as bad as many mountain RV parks. It's true, it's not lush and green, at least in the summer, but it's a dry area, so not too surprising. We got our tanks dumped for $10 while we were riding, so seems like good service to me. While we were there, nothing but families, so not too much noise issues.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We have stayed at this spot before about 4 years ago. Thought it was OK, even thought it is a bit farther from the main dunes and good riding. It was nice for us when the kids were younger as there were smaller places to ride. Planned a trip for July 13th, 2012. Paid for everything in April. Our 12 year old son broke his leg/ankle 5 days before we were going to drive 500+ miles to this "destination". Keep in mind we are not rookies...we ride the Oregon Coast and many other places. I called Sand Hills and I am aware of the refund policy...30 days. I explained what had happened. Keep in mind our youngest was so excited becasue he had his OWN bike to ride this time. They would do NOTHING to reund our $310.47 we paid. Said they could reschedule in the same calendar year....Not sure if son will play football or basketball in the fall/winter. Know he's not riding at all this year. He is heart broken for him and the family. Upset about the fact that we can't go "becauseof him" We are not upset at him just disgusted that this company that so easily took our money and the "owners" of these lots have no soul. Karma is all I have to say. I can truely say that if I was an owner of such a lot I could not live with myself knowing that I made $310.47 from people that were expecting medical bills in the range of $5,000 to $7,000. We use to tell people about this spot. That will no longer be the case. All I do know is that if our family rides in the St Anthony Dunes we will not be at Sand Hill Resort. PS I also agree with what Rob P stated about the resort. The first time we were there we wer told it was just that they were expanding and new lots were being improved

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacy J
Reviewed 25 June 2012

BUYERS BEWARE of this place. While the web site depicts lush lawns, shade trees, and cement pads; here’s what they don’t tell you. First of all, it’s a 5-mile drive down the sand highway to reach the major Dunes. Also, each site is individually owned and maintained and can vary substantially in quality. In our case, we reserved sites 42 thru 36 only to find out that half of these were nothing more than a narrow sand/gravel rut with minimal sand covered lawn. One member of our party got his Class A Motorhome stuck in their roadway pulling into site 40. The gravel fill is simply inadequate to support large motorhomes. Sites 42 thru 40 are the worst sites in the park. Fortunately, one of their owners, Ernie (who owns 10 sites and keeps his well maintained) was on-site and helped him get out with their tractor. But, it took 2 hours.
Also, there’s absolutely no security. On our last night, 6/21/12, one member of our party totaled his RZR and spent the night in the hospital. We brought his RZR back to camp where some rowdy members of a large group (some race club sponsored by a local RZR dealer) that checked in the day earlier, went on a midnight raid to steal parts off the RZR. Fortunately, a woman in our group scared them off, but they had already removed a rear paddle tire. When we talked to Ernie the next morning, he didn’t want to get involved, despite the fact that he hired his Aunt as manager. Sherriff was called and he spoke to members of the group, but since we couldn’t ID the thieves and their party denied any involvement, nothing was done.
My recommendation is to try and stay at the BLM camp right near the best dunes. It’s “first come, first serve”, however it’s the best place to stay. Each site has power and there’s potable water and a dump station in camp…. R. Pollock

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Saint Anthony
No photo provided
Motel 6 Rexburg
#4 of 5 in Rexburg

Been to Sand Hills Resort? Share your experiences!