“Beautiful and Peaceful”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Anthony
Boise, Idaho
“Beautiful and Peaceful”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I recently spent a weekend at the Henry’s Fork Guest House Inn. I chose to stay at the motel rather than with family and was very pleased with my decision. The room was very clean and quiet, with a great view of the river.Lorraine was very helpful and friendly, and I felt like a special guest while enjoying the continental breakfast. The waffles were delicious, hand made and served warm and fresh. She was very helpful and answered all my questions, thanked me and invited me to come back soon, which I will most definitely be doing! The rates are great and it was a very pleasant stay.

Brian Gardner

Room Tip: Get one facing the Snake River ,it's beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed here many times, I travel in business. I enjoy benifets like parking close to room in a safe area, lots of space in rooms, lots of counter space and desk for office type work, plenty of electrical outlets, seperate bathroom fan switch, good heaters and AC, clean rooms, bars and restraunts within walking distance, friendly helpful staff, very reasonable rates, good wyfy and continental breakfast. I highly recomend this motel for the practical traveler who wants quality for a great price. Robert from Montana

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night and booked this a month before at, what we thought, was the original site from Guesthouse Inn. I thought 95 dollars was on the high side for something that looks just like your every day roadside Motel (no offense) and turned out to be true. Next to the highway they advertise with 59 dollars and Lorraine changed it in our favour, as I was rerouted to another agency, she said. Very thoughtful of her and saved us 30 bucks to start with!
The room at ground level was nice, clean and spacious and the car could be parked in front. Vending machine next to our room and maybe an open restaurant in the tiny village, but for a quick bite, we went to the Subway, which is in the gas station around the corner. Breakfast was in the tiny lobby, simple and indeed, very nice waffles! The rest is standard.
We would have stayed here the night after, but then they were fully booked. For a bit more, we stayed in Tetonia.
If you plan to go to Yellowstone, don't expect to get passes at the visitor centre back in town, as they don't have them. I downloaded a list of vendors nationwide, but when i showed it, the lady said; Oh my, are we still on that list? So just drive to the park itself, only one and a half hours away (main reason of booking this) and get the (annual) pass there. Could be crowded in the summer, but in early September, there was no line at all! Just for the welcome sign, with old people taking pictures. .. :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Overall, pleasant five days. Small town atmosphere nice people . Great scenery in the area. Weather was great for the entire week Nice restaurant in the hotel complex. "A river runs next to it" the mighty Snake.

Room Tip: Anything on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Polson, Montana
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the guesthouse in St. Anthony about once a month for almost a year. The motel is like my home away from home, except I don’t have to clean up after myself or cook breakfast for the family.
I have read some of the people’s comments on this site and thought this is not what I have experienced while I was staying at the GuestHouse.
Before I came to St. Anthony, I was really unaware of the area, so I visited with Loraine and she made me feel safe about the area. I would like to point out that I have checked in from 1 in the afternoon to 11:30 at night, and I have always received a warm welcome from Loraine. One evening when I got to my room I noticed that I didn’t have a refrigerator and within 5 minutes from informing Loraine that I would like one in my room she had one plugged in. The rooms that I have stayed in could use a little updating, besides that though they are clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rene W
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 1 September 2013

When you've stayed at a hotel three times a week for over 30 years you witness the changes, the good and the bad, and I have seen nothing but good changes being made to this hotel. The staff is nothing but kind and humorous. The atmosphere is friendly and personalized, very much like being home with a family, and when you're on the road all the time that is something that you look for. My room is always clean and fresh, when I get off work, and the surrounding property is always well kept. The hotel is close to the river and the hot tub that is located on the river bank is a bonus after spending a long day at work or on the sand dunes. If traveling in this area, I strongly suggest stopping at this hidden gem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel was clean. It did however remind me of a motel 6 where I would never stay. Staff was polite but had issues with billing which was through a 3rd party. (prepaid)

The hotel is pet friendly which really is why we stayed there. Pricewise it seemed a bit high for the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you book through a 3rd party, better call to review your room requests directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Rigby
No photo provided
Motel 6 Rexburg
#5 of 5 in Rexburg

Been to Henrys Fork Inn? Share your experiences!