Bear Country Inn
Super 8 Salmon(Salmon)(Great Value!)
US$118
Northgate Inn(Challis)
US$65
US$54
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Pioneer Motel & RV Park(Challis)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2012

At check in was told there were only rooms available on second floor. Not a good mix for me. After a little coaxing found out there were 18 rooms on the bottom level that had been reserved for some person who did not show up the night before....so I did get a first level room....it would not have mattered which room I got as it ends up. There is a difference in room price. Don't let the $50.00 reel you in. With every change as in two beds instead of one the price goes up, if there is more than one person the price goes up. The walls are paper thin. An older couple was a neighbor...they were up till midnight then up at 6 and they turned on the radio and took showers...not saying that someone can't take a shower it's just that I heard every move....good place to stay if you don't want sleep. Any running water from a close room could be heard and very loudly. Yes, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. As I laid my head on my pillow I detected the odor of cigarette smoke...ughhh....how discusting...this was supposed to be a non-smoking room. It did meet necessity...as in bed and privacy...but I will not stay there again. It will be worth a higher price for sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. If that's all that matters to you this is the place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank K F
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We came into Salmon without reservations and checked out 3 motels. Trails End had the best rate, and accepted pets. We were most satisfied with Trails End. Room was squeaky clean and comfortable. Hot tub was actually hot, and was clean. New owners since February are obviously taking pride in making the motel a good place to stay. Easy 3-4 block walk to the center of town for resturaunts, pub, look-see of town. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple