“Good food and bad vibe” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 89 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Good food and bad vibe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner on what turned out to be this establishment's 20th anniversary. Each of our selections were quite good; spicy chicken wings, elk burgers with trimmings such as roasted garlic with sundried tomatoes and another with green chiles. Unfortunately, the waitress and I visited the ladies room at the same time. She exited the stall and immediately exited the restroom. Ewwwwwww! I quietly shared my experience with the manager and was met with an aggressive explanation that she was witnessed washing her hands behind the bar. Really.

2 Thank darladenise

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Rough around the edges...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

but then, practically every place in Sandpoint is.

Let's face it, Sandpoint, for all its many advantages, is a unsophisticated town. I come here regularly and enjoy it, but you cannot expect the restaurants here to live up to standards born of an urban lifestyle. Eichardt's is a rough place. It is crowded, dark, noisy and service, though friendly enough, is pretty rudimentary. Don't judge it too harshly and focus on the food. They have an amazing menu of beers (many places in Sandpoint offer a remarkable array of craft beers) and their food is generally very good. Maybe you just need to thicken your skin when you walk in.

I would be glad to go back and plan to on my next trip.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank ready314
Covington, KY
“Extremely Overrated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I completely agree with previous reviews about the rude service. I also experienced the same kind of service by the male waiter who was wearing the pork pie hat. He was obviously very busy due to the number of patrons, but, that's no excuse for treating people badly. Regarding the food, I had the fish and chips. My impression of the fish was that it was comparable to what you would buy in the frozen food section at your local grocery, and, it was over-cooked. I also elected to go with their "famous" garlic fries. The fries, which are thick cut, were worse than the fish. They tasted as though they had been cooked earlier, then re-heated before serving. They were mushy, and, room temperature. Speaking of room temperature, if it's cold outside, make sure you sit as far away from the front door as possible, otherwise you will be cold. Probably a better place if you're just going for drinks.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Too Rude to return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

After seeing a high rating for this place decided we would go here for dinner. We entered this establishment and were completely ignored by a waiter in a pork pie hat. Patrons ahead of us got frustrated and left (had we known what was coming we should have left also) When we finally were able to corner the waiter to ask a question he mumbled something unintelligible, turned his back to us and continued to be ignored. We finally got seated by the front door. There was a curtain that separated us from the outside. Temperature was in teens. We wore our coats but were blasted with frigid air throughout our meal. Had fish and chips. Fish more batter than fish and chips tasted like something out of a frozen bag cooked in old grease. On a positive note the beer was good. This place is more suited to those looking to get a beer in a supposed cool environment. I would never recommend this place or ever return for any reason. Probably the worst service I ever experienced.

1 Thank I8it
Coeur d
“Horrible, rude service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I wouldn't give this place my business even if it were the last restaurant in town. There are many restaurants in Sandpoint that have amazing food AND fantastic FRIENDLY service!

• Visited February 2014