“Good food and service”

Panhandler Pies
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just had the breakfast specials. Good value and good food. I had the whole grain pancakes and they were very good. My husband had 2 eggs with sausage, home fries, and biscuit, also very good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like to get a good meal at a good price Panhandler Pies is the place for you. If you like to see a lot of nice woodwork and sort of a cabin atmosphere, this is the place for you. Great breakfast's and lunches. I do believe they serve dinner also. They have many pies to choose from and the prices for all range from six dollars to 12 to 13 dollars on most anything!!! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Of course pie is what they are known for but had a fantastic breakfast on this last visit. Particularly impressed with the hash browns. A fried slice. Different from the usual small chunk or spreading pile of starch. Well done

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We love rhubarb and strawberry-rhubarb pies. While in Sandpoint, we visited this little restaurant for PIE!! We had warm "Strawberry-Rhubarb" pie al a mode. This turned out to be a very good pie, which we relished! The interior is dark woods with open chair seating as well as little booth/alcoves for a more intimate setting. The restrooms are rather unique with tiny space-saving sinks. All clean, good service and atmosphere. Worth the trip!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I dropped in for lunch (they do serve breakfast for lunch, also!) and were pleasantly surprised. We had actually stopped by because we love to check out bakeries on trips (sweet tooths!) and the name on the sign is Panhandler Pies and Bakery. To our disappointment, the bakery consists of take-out pies (delicious, I might add) and some oversized cookies (pre-wrapped). But we stayed for lunch. The atmosphere is back-country casual but very nice. Wait staff is quite friendly and food came fairly quickly. My husband had the breakfast eggs, and biscuits and gravy, which he enjoyed and I had a toasted salmon salad sandwich (think sort of Panera-style).
We took slices of pie home with us ($2.95/slice for most flavors). WE went back for a 2nd time a few days later.
Not over-the-top in any way, but very good casual food. About $25 for the two of us to have lunch.

You can walk the pie calories off by going over to the downtown beach park (about 3 blocks away) and doing one of several trails around the water or across the bridge.