My husband and I came to Talus Rock after a different hotel reservation in Sandpoint turned out to be subpar. We called last minute to check on vacancy and by some miracle they still had a room available! We arrived and felt instant warmth. Owner Heather opened the door and said how happy she was we were there, a sentiment echoed minutes later by Rebekah, who works there. Both women were approachable, friendly and laid back; ready to help us with our bags and answer any questions we had about the house or the town. We were then greeted by some of the other guests and liked everyone so much that we spent the night in, hanging out at the dining table with some of the others. If a social trip isn't your thing, don't be deterred; there were guests in the house that we didn't see the entire time we were there. The house is massive so you can have as much privacy as you want. The common area can accommodate a number of people and is far enough from the bedrooms to keep the house quiet. Heather and Rebekah were committed to making sure we had all the comforts our hearts desired, but also gave us space. The house is a 5 minute drive from downtown Sandpoint, achieving both remoteness and accessibility. We'd planned to stay one night but were enjoying our time so much we booked in for a second night. Both nights we stayed in the Kipling room. It's a worldly, relaxing room with a king size bed and a balcony that overlooks the 18-acre property, with breathtaking views of the mountains. The room has treasures from Heather's time abroad and intricate mosaic tiling in the bathroom, as well as an oversized jacuzzi tub and a gorgeous copper sink. We basically felt like royalty for the time we were there, without breaking the bank. We're hoping for a return trip soon :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the privacy and peacefulness of Talus Rock Retreat for your special getaway. A private, chic, and eclectically elegant timber frame and Tuscan-style retreat, this exceptional property caters to those who appreciate nature combined with old world charm. With 6 individual suites available, the cozy provisions can be enjoyed by a couple for a weekend getaway, a romantic honeymoon, a pristine mountain vacation, or a simple get-away to enjoy rejuvenation and inspiration. Or, take the tranquil villa in its entirety to accommodate an intimate extended family reunion of up to 24 people, a spectacular rehearsal dinner, an indoor catered holiday gathering, or a corporate or other non-traditional, informal group affair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Talus Rock Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talus Rock Retreat Hotel Sandpoint
- Talus Rock Retreat Sandpoint, Idaho