“Friendly staff and customers”

Pend d'Oreille Winery
Ranked #18 of 90 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Locally produced, award-winning wines. Gifts for home, garden, and life. Also, offering our in-house Kitchen with locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy a glass of wine, paired with our unique menu items!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff and customers”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a wonderful evening on the patio with a few glasses of wine and chatting with a couple locals.

Visited August 2013

Helena
“Relaxing Garden”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

A very nice tasting room with lovely gifts. The wine and appetizers are very good and we especially love the garden where we wined, dined and enjoy very good music.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank GrizFan1981
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Wine Tasting and Lunch”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went with some friends from the San Francisco Bay Area. We tried some whites and reds. It was $5 to taste five wines of your choice, but was complimentary if you bought a bottle of wine. We ended up with 3 bottles of the 2010 Primitivo and one bottle of the Meyer Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. My wife and I prefer reds, but we enjoy a dry white from time to time. I was surprised my wife preferred the Primitivo over the Meyer, as she usually prefers a more oaky wine. I don't know if my being part Italian and that upbringing has anything to do with it, but I prefer the Italian style dry and fruity reds (such as a quality Chianti or Barbera) as opposed to the more oaky reds found in California. Both wines were good and the Meyer had just the right hint of oak and not overpowering.

The whites we had were OK. My friend liked the Chardonnay, but I didn't find it all that memorable. This is a winery, so the wines are a bit spendy for the quality, though not ridiculous. They range from about $20-35 a bottle. I recommend you let them all BREATHE a WHILE before drinking.

The lunch menu looked extremely tasty and varied, but my friend had to have a designer beer, so we went next door and had a nasty lunch at Eichardt's.

Travis, the Sommelier was very pleasant and informative and made the visit fun. The winery is set up as a combination boutique shop (from unique libation glasses to awesome cheese cutting boards, etc...), wine tasting bar and tables near the rear to have lunch; a cute and unassuming atmosphere. They also have a quaint outdoor area where you can eat at tables on the grass and enjoy the sun and visitors passing by. I wish we would have eaten here; perhaps next time. The prices were reasonable about $8-15 for lunch and less expensive appetizers. I saw a few plates go by and they looked awesome.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KnowBS
Laramie, Wyoming
“Great way to spend some time”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We were wandering around downtown Sandpoint and decided to stop in to fill some time - and what a great way to while away an hour or so! They have a cute little gift store, a cafe, and of course the wine tasting! We didn't eat here, as the kitchen wasn't fully open yet, but we did enjoy a tasting and some delicious bread. The varietals available are quite varied, and everyone in your group will find something they like. The house blends were both tasty, and the staff was very helpful in deciding what to try next. Highly recommended - we'll definitely go back if we're in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Post Falls, Idaho
“"A Must!"”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The wines are so amazing and done with such pride! If your looking for great wine with an amazing selection make sure you visit! ;)

Visited May 2013