“Good Soup, Sandwich & Pie” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Sandpoint
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Newport, Washington
“Good Soup, Sandwich & Pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We drove to Sandpoint to go to the farmers market and discovered the Pie Hut. My wife had a delicious veggie panini while I had the chilli soup and peanut butter chocolate pie.The service was good as was the chilli soup and pie. The only problem I had was with the back of the bench I was sitting on. I guess a nail or something was protruding and I snagged my brand new shirt. I would have mentioned it at the The Pie Hut but I did not notice it until later that evening and we were about 40 miles away. You need to bring cash as they do not accept any credit cards.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Donald E

Bozeman, Montana
“Pie! What's not to love?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love their giant selection of pies, obviously. I've been in for lunch several times. I'm always happy with my meal. Their soup is homemade, as are the pies. Everything is always fantastic. I know that's a very general statement, but it truly is awesome. My favorite pie is the chocolate pecan or the lemon cream. This is one place I don't miss when I'm in town.

Visited July 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Upon our visit to Sandpoint, we heard good things about The Pie Hut so we stopped for lunch. The Thai soup was amazing and the sandwiches were all good. The highlight was the pie and with the staff suggestion of lemon sour cream being their top seller, we opted for that and butterscotch. The lemon sour cream was so good we stopped again before leaving Sandpoint to pick one up to take home. Truly a little gem with awesome food!

Visited July 2014
Grand Coulee, Washington, United States
“Pie Hut.... totally worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Pie Hut is the real deal. Friendly staff, great soup and sandwiches, and the pies are to die for. Pie selection is truly incredible. Atmosphere is quaint. It is a little tight but nice small town atmosphere. The owner is an awesome lady and, with her staff, make most items from scratch. Service is really friendly and efficient. There ya go ....secret is out now. You are in the inner circle now. Try it out. I am local and, when I take my family out to eat, our first choice is the Pie Hut.

• Visited May 2014
Hayden, Idaho
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This one is a bit hard to find but totally worth it. Everything is fresh and delicious. The cream of mushroom soup was worth the drive from Hayden. The pie was excellent. The service was great. The locals know about this one and anyone in Sandpoint for the day should plan on lunch here. There's an interesting antique store next door for shopping after lunch.

• Visited July 2014