“What a wonderful find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Travelling from Alberta, on our way home to Victoria, we found this hidden gem. Food was awesome. Service was great. My hubby loved the beer. Only complaint is that there were screaming children. This is now becoming the norm in Victoria as well, so I guess we just have to get used to it.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Our server was great. Beers were delicious. I had the sampler, which includes 8 samples for $13. I wish I could have picked my own samples, but overall they were all pretty good. We waited about 45 minutes to get our food, which is tough with 2 kids. Maybe the sampler helped control my mood while we waited....but the food was "worth the wait".

Mack D, General Manager at MickDuff's Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello Jennifer,

I am glad to hear we were "worth the wait" but wanted to apologize for the long ticket time. Summer time demand can be hard to keep up with and we are sorry if we let you down. Thanks for reviewing us and please let us know what we can do to get 5 stars next time as that is our goal.

Mack Deibel
Assistant GM
mackd@mickduffs.com
208-209-6700

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good selection of beers, tasty pub food. Just the thing for two hungry travelers. Cool, dark interior was a welcome contrast to hot sunny sidewalks.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had burgers and blue cheese waffle fries. While the burgers were nothing to write home about, the waffle fries were outstanding - quite the burst of flavor on the taste buds.

We also ordered a sampler tray of beers they produce, and rarely are disappointed - this was no exception. It is always a treat to enjoy the sampler tray!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were excited to eat here and we walked in around 1pm on a Sunday. It was moderatly busy and there were at least two 4 tops open. We told the gal at the front there were two of us, and she told us sorry, but they don't have any place for two people at the moment. Umm, okay. you have two 4 tops open and no one in line for them, and we are here and ready to spend money and you turn us away??? Not good. My husband and I are local to the area, and we will never go here again.

1  Thank Kim R
Mack D, Manager at MickDuff's Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello Kim,

This is a new policy that was poorly executed due to poor communication on our end. The policy we instituted was to help our kitchen's timing out so that customer's dining was not over extended but we failed this time to explain this and apologize dearly. This is not what we meant or want to happen so we cannot so say sorry enough. The staff should have absolutely given you the table or told you a wait time it would be to sit you at the table. We want to assert we have addressed this issue fully.

I'll reach out privately and hope you will accept our apology and olive branch we are extending. I have also attached my email and phone number if you wish to discuss this immediately.

Thank you.