“very good experience”

La Quinta Inn Sandpoint
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sandpoint
Reviewed 12 May 2014

admittedly, being a member of La Quinta's club has its perks, the facility overall is very good. our bed was newish and the most comfortable of the four we stayed at on this last trip. the room was well appointed with nice linens, refrig and microwave. the location, even at a major intersection of traffic, was quiet and only a few short walking blocks to the downtown area. I would gladly stay here again. there a great little coffee shop/restaurant next door called Connie's...it's a local favorite for good reason. oh, the complimentary breakfast food is above average, well attended, the breakfast room is the best around!

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from Cedar street....though the street at night is v...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and the bed comfortable. But I had to lug my very heavy suitcase up to the second floor and couldn't find parking by my building. There are three buildings and the third building is located on a different city block than buildings two and one. I feel isolated here and am traveling alone but they had no other room although I had a reservation. I didn't know about the strange layout. There are few options in Sandpoint but I think I would find a different placed to stay in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

I know Sandpoint is a safe town but understand as a visitor how would you know that.
If you are traveling alone I understand your concern not being near the lobby.
We try to accomodate our guests request and if you are willing to give us one more try I would sugest you call the hotel directly and ask to be in building one.
I'm sorry we did not have a room in the lobby building. .

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Have stayed at this inn many times. Most recent stay not as pleasant as ones in the past ones. The bed was not comfortable and the heater was too noisy and not keeping a constant temperature. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The Inn had some very nice upgrades to the décor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I'm sorry to hear your stay was not pleasant.
We usually have great reviews on our beds. I'm curious what it was you did not like about them?

If you stayed with us before and had a room you liked we will gladley try to get you in to the same room if it is available.
I hope you will give us another chance, and if so... please call us directly so we can help you with your room selection.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this establishment. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, and the bed was probably one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on in a hotel. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear jje51,

Thank you for the nice post. We enjoyed having you stay with us.We get alot of compliment on our beds. I am glad you had a nice stay.

We will see you next time you are in Sandpoint.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

A nice clean comfortable place to stay.
Staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
Fine complementary breakfast included. But would recommend changing all the styrofoam plates and bowls to something more environmentally friendly. After all you are in a resort area featuring the best of nature. In keeping with this theme show you intend to keep it pristine.
The beds are incredibly comfortable. Better than just about any motel I've ever stayed at regardless of price.
Would recommend and stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank I8it
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for the nice comments on our staff.
I am glad to let you know that we are in the process of switching the styrofoam cups and plates to paper. I agree with yoou, I do not like it either.
It just takes a little time to do. I hope that next time you visit it will all be taken care of.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed over night with friends to ski at Schweitzer Mountain which has limited hotel accommodations. It is in the downtown area of Sandpoint so you can walk to shops and restaurants. The rooms were spacious with great beds, a fridge and microwave. Lots of handy electric outlets for boot heaters and electronics.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia L

Thank you for your post on TripAdviser.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward seeing you next time you visit Sandpoint.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great accomodations with or without pets. The Value was about average. Personally, I would like to see a deep discount (half price) for us seniors over 65 as we are retired on fixed income. Whatever hotel chain adopts this policy will stay full and make a ton of money with nice polite guests!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 409rexm
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your post.

I like your idea. I will bring it up to the management.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandpoint
Best Western Edgewater Resort
The Lodge at Sandpoint
Days Inn Sandpoint
Days Inn Sandpoint
#3 of 3 in Ponderay

Been to La Quinta Inn Sandpoint? Share your experiences!