La Quinta Inn Sandpoint
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Sandpoint)
Sleeps Cabins(Sagle)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomwafflesin townmultiple buildingswithin walking distancecovered parkingdowntown locationplace to staybed was comfortablehot tubincluded breakfastrestaurants and shoppingnice staythe location is perfectmain streetski tripair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nicely renovated and clean rooms although first room had terribly noisy AC so we were quickly switched to another room where AC barely worked at all but too exhausted to complain again. Parking, room and floor numbering and building IDs are bizarre and confusing and could be easily improved with minor effort; needed a map constantly to get around. Hot tub out of order and the pool .... WELL!!! ice cold, heater not working and ... pool is on second floor of another building; gate to pool area opens with room key-card BUT could not be opened from inside because mechanism out of order - needed to yell to another guest in the parking area to help us get out AND MORE - no towels at pool (have to go back to our own room), no washrooms or shower at pool - only back in our own room AND MORE - no emergency pump turn off switch in pool area AND MORE - no emergency phone in pool area - perhaps Idaho has no commercial pool safety rules but surely La Quinta has some safety standards. By the way apparently only 1 luggage cart for 3 buildings but 2 have stairs before you can access elevators anyway so advised to lift cart up to elevator level - HUH!!.

Bobbbo - Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: Choose another hotel until there is a change in management skills.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Bobbo,

From reading your post sounds like everything went wrong from arrival till checkout. I do appriciate your honesty.I am glad to report to you that we have a new heater in our hot tub now. The work on the pool will be done 7/9. so then we will be able to heat our out door pool as well.
I agree with you that the lay out can be a little confusing at first with the three buildings. Would be nice if we could put one roof over all three buildings and just have one huge building. Iam sure the housekeepers would be happy too.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting Sandpoint. The room was very nice and new (they had remodeled). The carpet was new and the bed and the linens were very comfortable. We got a great rate on the room. Be sure you look at the pictures in the lobby of "famous" folks that have stayed there over the years. Front desk staff was very nice and directed us to a nearby Mexican restaurant that we thoroughly enjoyed. The breakfast room was on the 2nd floor and was very spacious and served so much more than a continental breakfast. They had make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and delicious blueberry muffins that my daughter loved. We were very pleased and pleasantly surprised with all that was offered.

Room Tip: We were on third floor of remodeled section, and breakfast room was right downstairs from us which made it very convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear HoneyBubbas,

Thank you for posting your lodging experience on TripAdvaiser.
It is always nice to hear about the guests stay. Glad you enjoyed our property.

Look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been staying at the La Quinta for over a month now and have LOVED the rooms. There have been a few hiccups along the way due to communication issues, but all issues have been resolved quickly and effectively. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and clean. I've stayed in many hotels in my life traveling with the military and this is definitely one of my top 3 favorite places I have stayed. If you plan on staying in Sandpoint for an extended period of time, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We love you too, Jamie.

I will share your kind comments with my staff. It is always nice to hear when a guest has a positive experience.

We will see you next time you are in Sandpoint.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

admittedly, being a member of La Quinta's club has its perks, the facility overall is very good. our bed was newish and the most comfortable of the four we stayed at on this last trip. the room was well appointed with nice linens, refrig and microwave. the location, even at a major intersection of traffic, was quiet and only a few short walking blocks to the downtown area. I would gladly stay here again. there a great little coffee shop/restaurant next door called Connie's...it's a local favorite for good reason. oh, the complimentary breakfast food is above average, well attended, the breakfast room is the best around!

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from Cedar street....though the street at night is very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and the bed comfortable. But I had to lug my very heavy suitcase up to the second floor and couldn't find parking by my building. There are three buildings and the third building is located on a different city block than buildings two and one. I feel isolated here and am traveling alone but they had no other room although I had a reservation. I didn't know about the strange layout. There are few options in Sandpoint but I think I would find a different placed to stay in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014
laquinta0470, Manager at La Quinta Inn Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

I know Sandpoint is a safe town but understand as a visitor how would you know that.
If you are traveling alone I understand your concern not being near the lobby.
We try to accomodate our guests request and if you are willing to give us one more try I would sugest you call the hotel directly and ask to be in building one.
I'm sorry we did not have a room in the lobby building. .