Visiting Schweitzer Mtn Resort during Fall Fest 2011. We had a room that faced the mountain and was a suite. One room was typical hotel with queen beds, and the adjoining was two queen beds with a bunk and kitchenette with a small dining table. The staff were very friendly and prompt. The rooms have a lodge feel to them, and feel very NW. Clean rooms, and again a great staff to make your stay enjoyable. Location was great, there is a great coffee shop in the hotel and a very good restaurant with a bar. If it wasn't so beautiful outside, you might not need to leave the property. Tons of summer activities, they just put in a zip line which looked fun. You can mountain bike all over Schweitzer, take the chair lift to the top and enjoy the views and hikes. Pick Huckleberries, and so much more.
A few choices for food include the hotel, there is a pizza place a few steps away from the hotel, a couple of small markets for bottles of wine, and odds and ends. There is a pub on the South end of the village. If you are coming with a big group, be sure to stock up with grocery and supplies down in Sandpoint before making the journey up the mountain to Schweitzer. Overall we will be back again and again. We recommend this hotel. Oh and there is a pool with a couple of hot tubs, not sure if open in winter, though...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort manages accommodations in the Selkirk Lodge, White Pine Lodge and various off site condominiums. All guest check-in and check-out is in the Selkirk Lodge lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Hotel Sandpoint
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Sandpoint, Idaho