It is an 8 or 9 mile (I can't remember) ride up the mountain to the lodge, and we were on motorcycles. We loved it, it winds back and forth and the temperature difference was extreme from the top to the bottom. Which was nice since it was summer.
Of course we were there during their off season and got an excellent rate, but due to this, there was only 1 restaurant open and it was VERY pricey and all the shops were closed. We were told they all opened the following weekend, which would have been good to know before we booked the rooms. Regardless we still liked it. The one thing we DIDN'T like was you had to go through two sets of doors while standing in the hallway, just to get to your room. The rooms could have been a few feet larger if they would have made the room entry like normal.
The rooms are very nice - ours faced the runs on the mountains, and they even had a little snow still left on them, and it was the end of June.
The pool and hot tub area is outdoors and it was full of dirt, bugs and didn't look appealing, so we passed on it.
All in all, if we were in the area, we'd probably stay there again, just for the ride up the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort manages accommodations in the Selkirk Lodge, White Pine Lodge and various off site condominiums. All guest check-in and check-out is in the Selkirk Lodge lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Hotel Sandpoint
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging Sandpoint, Idaho